1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

You Can't Place A Multi-Tile Add-on At the Entrance?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RaDian FlGith, Jun 20, 2010.

1. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Okay... I understand that this must have been some quick fix for something that "must" have been causing issues, but really, it's time to look at it again and come up with a REAL fix for whatever the original issue was.

I'm on the second floor of my L-shaped house, trying to place a bed along the south wall. There's absolutely nothing even remotely "entrance"-like about where I'm standing.

Please fix this.

2. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Modern Britannian zoning ordinances require that all beds be placed in the center of a room so as not to thump against the wall and wake the neighbors. :eyes:

Please, think of the children! :lol:

You may now return to your regularly scheduled crazy.

3. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master

Since it's the South wall, sounds as if it thinks you are trying to place the bed in front of the door. since the door is on the South wall on the first floor.

4. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

That would make sense except for one minor thing... I'm trying to place it in the southwest corner of the room... which is at least 1 complete tile away from the door.

No, what happened was sometime in the recent past, they decided that the first two rows north and the first row east on any housing plot are ineligible for multi-tile object placement. Now, if your item starts in 3 north and extends into 2 north, that will usually go. But if it starts in 2 north and extends east or west, it won't go at all.

No idea why they made the change, and of course it was one of those weird stealth changes. The fact that it's displaying a specific error message however does indicate that it was an intended change.

However, the change makes zero sense from a player side of view, and I presume it was meant to fix an exploit of some sort. Instead of fixing that exploit though, instead, we're stuck with some weird "fix" that really needs to be looked at again.

5. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Dont feel your alone, been trying to place a rug down like I have in another castle and says same thing. and I am no where near the door. I think it was to stop the outside on grass lock down. Cant even raise lamp posts ether.

6. Babble

Babble Guest

Hah houses and decorations were overpowered anyway!

Just write them a bug message and hope they redisign it.
    :)

7. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

8. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

uo osha is no joke :lol:

9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

10. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

multi-tile items on any southern wall in a castle is not allowed, including the interior walls and the corner rooms, any level... I chopped a stone table in my smithy corner one day completely forgetting this silly "fix" and was unable to place it back in that spot

/signed! fix this, please!

11. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Agreed fix this already...

13. Deb

Deb Guest

/Signing also