1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

You know you work to much when...

Discussion in 'UO Origin' started by Michael Wolf, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf Guest

I've seen several threads over the years to the effect of "you know you play too much UO when you...."

Well last night I had the opposite experience... I'm a Systems Engineer so I frequently log on to and off servers throughout the course of a days work. Last night I went to gather up this year's holiday presents and in the process of logging on with different characters at one point I actually logged off my computer instead of UO.

Second thing that should tell you you're working too much... I found last year's holiday gift tickets still in the backpacks on most of my characters.

2. Yellow Beard

Stratics Veteran

Too bad dust isnt a rare item.

3. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

when you answer your home phone with something like: <insert real name here> speaking, how may I assist you?
    or
    when, after many days of working almost nonstop on a project, you finally fall asleep in your chair or on the couch. When you wake up, you glance at the clock, then bolt for the shower mumbling to yourself for oversleeping and being late for work, only to realize it's actually 7pm NOT 7am, and you've only been taking a nap.

4. Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf Guest

Heh, I've been waking up on time for work and getting up to take a shower lately On The Weekends!

5. Yellow Beard

Stratics Veteran

It could be worse...You wake up rushing to the shower and realize you're at work.

6. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I worked so hard a couple of weeks ago, My wife woke me up and said "If you keep doing that I'm gonna kick you out of the bed" Apparently i was dreaming i was at work, and was trying to repair stuff in bed. She was less than amused to be the "broken" Item

7. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oh man! Now that you've mentioned it, it'll happen!!!!!