1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

You may not loot this corpse

Discussion in 'UHall' started by uo addict, Apr 7, 2008.

1. uo addict

uo addict Guest

I'm getting You may not loot this corpse a lot, even where I was the sole damager. Why is this?
  2. scarletmoon

scarletmoon Guest

same here....
  3. I only get that message with the lich and flesh golems because they are animates from the dark wisps.
  4. If your using UOA and double click the grey name that pops up for some reason it trys to loot the corpse of something that died on top or underneath the thing you did kill.

Make a macro for last object in UO and after clicking the name it will open the correct corpse.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

I have gotten the message sometimes on the Dark Wisps, I thought it was because they were killed by one of the zerkers.
  6. If you dismount then remount you'll be able to loot it. Happens to me all the time.
  7. LORD_GOD, you were spot on with your suggestion. thanks
  8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    I've had on all my characters for years, a UO macro that I call the "swissarmy Knife" macro.

"Use Last Object
    Last Target"

It can be used to repeat digs mining, repeat casts fishing, repeat attempts picking locks, repeat using scrolls from the same stack on the same target ...

and, most importantly, get into stacked corpses. IF I click once on what should be a lootable corpse, and get "You may not loot this corpse" or the message for a corpse one doesn't have rights to, I hit the macro, and it goes to the next corpse in the pile (and can go through all of them that I have rights to, with multiple uses), without having to muck with all-names or holding down CTRL-shift.