1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

You stop digging because you cannot see the correct location

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Old Man of UO, Aug 6, 2010.

1. I am trying to dig up a treasure map in the woods, behind a tree and keep getting this message:

"You stop digging because you cannot see the correct location"

I know I am in the correct spot because if I move one space forward it tells me that I am standing on it. I have zero mining so I can't dig off to the side. Anyone have an idea of how to dig up the chest?

PS - Petra's thread in the Fishing/Treasure forum about about Finding the Pin was great help locating the random maps!

2. Fermi

Fermi Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I got this message as well. I put the map in the bag of maps that I think are under houses. I guess I will try again in a month.

3. Decs0r

Decs0r Guest

i've tried 3 maps now, all lvl 6's from miasma for tram. all 3 have given me the "you cannot see the correct location msg" unless i'm actually stood upon the chest spot when i get the "you can dig this up because your stood on top of it msg".. really annoying after wasting so much time finding the spot (even with 100 mining the pin is pretty misleading)

4. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Think of the treasure in a 9 square grid, the chest is in the center of this grid go to the other side of the chest/tree. Without mining its tough to pinpoint the chest. Try it from all angles of this 9 square grid. I have found its that the chest is actualy off a degree and you must come in at a different angle.
    Its worth a try.

5. Andy316

Andy316 Seasoned Veteran

Sadly, it's a bug.... I had 3 maps bugged on me, it's pretty frustrating

6. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I had the same thing happen but figured out what was causing it. You cant move [even turning around] or cast a spell or hit your honor macro or do anything untill the chest has started to apear out of the ground.

Thats what was happening to me when i didnt get the "dig but find nothing message" and found it was because i started hitting honour on myself or getting my bushido spells ready to quick ;)

Thunderz

7. It was behind a tree... I could stand on top of the chest so I knew exactly where it was. Using circle of transparency, I walked all the way around and could dig from every angle but where the tree stood. So I am pretty sure this is just a bug due to the bumpy terrain... and bad QA testing.

8. canary

canary Guest

In another thread Supreem (the dev) said the issues with t maps was not resolved regarding locations in blocked areas... but they released the publish anyways.

9. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

I was able to dig up such a chest, thought it took me some trys. Circling around the spot and trying at different distances.

10. It would have been better to have waited another week to fix the map locations. Once you start releasing publishes before they are ready and with major bugs, you start to get a reputation for doing that... anyone remember the finished KR release?

11. Glad to know it can be done. I'll go back later today and try the different distances to see if that helps. Thanks for the info.

12. canary

canary Guest

No, but I quite recall the UNFINISHED release. rolleyes: Heck, even the EC is still unfinished!

13. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I had this happen to me, I just walked around the chest and was able to dig it up.

14. Yalp

Yalp Guest

I have 5 bum Tram Level 6 Maps I got off Miasma looted chests in the last couple of days.... 2 in water, 1 under a mountain, and 2 are the "you stop digging because you cannot see the correct location" msg. No, it's not user error... Tram side Tmaps from Miasma Chests are 100% fail for me at this moment.

15. Aerodice

Aerodice Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I have also experienced problems. I have had 3 maps I just could not dig up as it gave me that message no matter which angle or direction I chose to dig from (I was even standing directly on top of the chest so I know I was in the right location).

It's a bit odd considering one was just outside yew bank and it was in a clearing. I'll try back again later to see if I have any new success stories to share but there may be some kind of object preventing the chest from surfacing.