1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Your best weapons...how did you get them?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by TheScoundrelRico, May 11, 2009.

1. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Were they crafter created? If so, from what, and what runic was used, what skills did weapon maker have?

If gained from PvM...what were you fighting, and what luck level did you have?

Just curious how some of these weapons have made their way to our fair shard...la

2. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

A lot of the really good weapons are from Lady Mel and 3000+ luck.

3. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

agree

4. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

5. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

most of my uber weapons came from melisande.

6. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Wow GoodGuy... How have you been man?

7. TheScoundrelRico

Ok, let's drop this for an answer. Outside of Lady mel, how have you gotten your great weapons?...la

8. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

I got a decent bokuto of an Oni.

36% lightning
    25% Mana leech
    25%ssi
    14% dci
    43% Di

If I remember correctly, not uber but decent

9. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

A runic hammer...la

10. TheScoundrelRico

*sighs*

never fricking mind...la

11. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

What's your problem... honest answers aren't enough for you?...la

Were you expecting to find that PvM and monster loot isn't totally broken? The ONLY good place to get a decent weapon is off a boss in this game and it's with 3000+ luck. Even then it's a HUGE dice roll... that basically limits any hunting with any fun size - group of people and the only way to really hunt for anything worth while is to do it practically solo and with a specific character. To top that off, even doing it the right way... RNG makes you get crap 90% of the time, currently.

Aside from that, runic are the only other way to really get anything decent. Even then, you have to burn the high end hammer (which are ridiculous to get) and even then it's all RNG.

...la

12. TheScoundrelRico

...la

13. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

A runic hammer...la

14. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

Gwen made my mage wepon with a gold hammer and reg ingots.

15. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Strong box quests are a great place to get awesome jewls and weapons. I believe the minimum intensity is 70%. I've gotten many good weapons from the box quests.

As for Mel, if you dont have a minimum of 3k luck and cant do at least 2-5 mel i wouldnt even waist your time...Its so hard to get decent loot off her.

The last boss that i really got GOOD loot off of was that Mellissa girl in the Wisp dungeon about 8 months ago. Im still living off the jewls i got off her.

16. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

What's your mage weap?

17. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That's where I got all of my good stuff. But then again, I sold anything that was really good since I rarely play a character that needs more than luck and lrc.

18. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

http://www.uoguide.com/Melissa_the_Mage
    I suppose your referring to her?

19. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

Nothing all that great.

scnp
    -20 mage
    11 DCI

20. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

21. archite666

archite666 Guest

and yet.... id still give you 6 mil for it!

22. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You havent even given me the 5mil you owe me from the last one.

23. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Oh shut it! Nothing all that great...LOL! Yeah, -1 DCI difference from the one Speedy gave me. Only other thing I could ask to have on mine / yours is HLA.

24. archite666

archite666 Guest

Correction, Burdens rise would still give you 6 for it since he wants the one I have!

25. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

I'm confused:wall:

26. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What is this 5mill thing Kal keeps posting on your comments.

Everytime he post its always the same "you owe me 5mil"

27. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Its not cryptic, hes owed me 5mil gold for quite a while now and will not respond to PMs or icq.

28. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I figured that much. What did you sell him?

29. archite666

archite666 Guest

The mage weapon, I bought it from it while we were guilded, now that were not guilded he wants me to pay him the difference between what you would have paid him for it.

Essentially wanting me to pay back the guild discount I recieved, since you offered 10 mil but he sold it to me for 5.

30. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

While this is correct, you didn't have to agree with him! That's all I can really say on that issue, other then that, it's not -20, so 5mil was worth it in my eyes.

But there is this thing called verbal/written agreement and you are following in the ways of "Honor" now. . .just saying. :D

31. archite666

archite666 Guest

Following in the ways of honor? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

So far I had that much gold at one time then he wast on, and I rarely see him in game, not that I have the money anyway.

So he can keep pestering and pestering but its not gonna get him anywhere if I don't have the money, and if he thinks i'm going to buy gold to pay him off, hes off his rocker.

32. Nickster

Nickster Guest

my wep.
    Bokuto
    44% HLA
    15% HCI
    59% Damage increase
    20% SSI

Bought from Tib :)

my best PVM wep.

SoulSeeker!
    obtained from a paragon titan. great for what i hunt!

33. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

My best weapon.. the disguise kit and unsuspecting guilds. For some reason they trust anyone who seems to be after the same goals. I can stand right next to someone, snoop their pack while casting EVs against a common foe, and steal from them as easy as pie.

This was back in the invasion days and I haven't had lots of time to find a good scenario since.. I can't wait until my finals are over.

On a side note.. do you trust me designing your airplanes? Haha too bad...

34. Nickster

Nickster Guest

You are a good thief, gaining people confidence can really be tough but if you have the knack then it can net some great steals.... i used to try that one when i was in ^_^ but usually i would blow my cover or fail a steal or something.... so back to stealth stealing i went, intil i lost Jackal then i couldn't bring myself to be a thief.... it just wasn't the same :(

35. archite666

archite666 Guest

What do you mean designing my airplanes? Unless you work for lockheed martin, you do not design "my planes"

36. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

You sent me a mesage about a month ago saying you had about 4mil, would message me when you got the rest, and "not to worry" it wasnt going anywhere. Ive sent you several messages through ICQ and PM since then and have received no response, yet I see you on the boards buying/bidding on things. The fact of the matter is I had a much better offer on the table when you pulled the guild card in vent when you knew you were planning on leaving. I preffered to just buy the blade back for what you paid for it but you said you would just pay the difference between the two offers. So what he means when he says following in the ways of honor is that when you say you are going to pay for something and then don't, your integrity is called into question.

37. Blindside

Blindside Guest

:popcorn: damn how can anyone ever leave this game i love it.........

38. archite666

archite666 Guest

This is completely false.

and since you want to go into details abot honor....

What actually happened is I wanted to buy it but you wanted to see how much gold you could wring out of asty or tek or whoever that was and also get his old mage weapon out of the deal which youd give to me for helping sucker him.

So the deal was youd sell it to me if you couldnt get him to pay something redicious for it.

Which he didn't agree agree to, so 5 mil is out of the question since he wast going to give you 10 for it.

Furthermore, as your own guildmates have said, we were guilded at the time and I continued to be guilded you for like 2 months after that, that deal was locked in and if you werent happy with the price you didn't have to sell it.

Quit trying to make yourself look like a victim by constantly implying that you were helping out a guildy and that " I knew full well I was leaving koc" If I knew full well then why would I have stayed in for 2 months? Wouldn't I have just left once I had the weapon?

Furthermore if that was my intention, I had the weapon before I had paid you anything. I would have just left and took the weapon if thats what I was trying to do.

So please be quiet, youv done nothing but pester me about the gold I offered (in good faith) and you act like I owe you which I don't, I was actually just trying to be a nice guy because I like everyone back at koc or 420.

Notice the key parts of your story, the deal was done and agreed upon. It was't until after I left the guild it became an issue. Or rather it was't till then when you decided to try and exploit some gold out of me.

Your not getting the gold plain and simple. I haven't even logged into this game in days so I could really care less about anything you have to say.

Have fun attempting to hate on me.

39. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Actually that is not false... Cash I like you but Kal has not told any lies about that deal.... And he did have a way higher offer on the table and you did pull the guild card....

Everyone knows you was desperate for a good mage weapon... You drove speedy nuts asking him about 3 times a day if you could buy or borrow his mage weap... you even made threads @ Speedy asking for the weapon... He finally got sick of it and gave it to Forsaken so he did not have to hear you asking for it anymore...

40. archite666

archite666 Guest

Um wrong?

Speedy gave that weapon to him after I acquired mine.

Either way I dont care.

Have fun.

41. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Trust me I'm not wrong sir... But you are the one with the silver tongue I suppose :)

42. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Talk about completely false. The intention was to keep it in the guild, but not be rediculously stupid about it. So if he was going to agree to pay 15mil plus his weapon for it, then we were going to let him have it. He declined.

Wrong again. His first offer to me was 5mil, 10 totem of the voids and several chests full of evil dyded barbed runic pieces. You do the math on that one genius, tell me where you land.

You tried to pull this two month bull**** when we first had issues with this. After you got the weapon you were in KOC for less than a month before you left. Go ahead and check stratics post history, its all there.

Hell its not like you've never done this before. Didn't you steal a weapon from someone in JSV on your way out? As far as staying in for 2 months, see the above comment.

Is sending you an icq once a week to check in on progress pestering? I didnt start tagging stratics messages until it was obvious you were trying to avoid me and came up with three seperate excuses why you couldnt pay me.

You offered to pay me the extra gold cupcake, I just wanted to buy the weapon back. Check your icq logs and then come back here and try to pretend to be the good guy again.

So you tell me again... are you currently the shadiest player on Siege or are you honorable like you claim? Are you gonna promise to pay someone, contact them saying you have the gold and tell them "its not going anywhere", then ignore icq's and pm's when you don't feel like paying them?