1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Your thoughts on jumping in on Renowned's

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by DanteSignas, Aug 1, 2011.

1. DanteSignas

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So who here thinks its OK to jump in on a renowned someones spawned up in the Abyss? I know no one "owns" mobs but I mean out of common courtesy I don't think its right and with such a small community as is it creates negativity in the game.

I have been experiencing some really bad behavior the past month or so and I am curious whats the general concensus on this nowadays on the shard.

2. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've always considered this very rude.. I usually just leave.

3. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I ask if they want help

4. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

My feeling is... if the renowned is already spawned, or if the spawn is at the level before the renowned when you get there, don't stay and fight unless they...
    1. Obviously need help
    2. Say you can stay
    3. Is somebody you've already established is ok with you helping any time you want

If it's on one of the first two levels, go ahead an help if you want... but only if you are capable of taking on the spawn solo or with a group that you are already with (because they might want to be solo, and they might leave, which would make it a loss for both of you).

Same with champs - if they've spent lots of time working the spawn up, leave them alone. If they haven't done much yet, help if you want (again, only if you could take it solo or with a group that you are already with).

5. Rodan/Linu

Rodan/Linu Guest

I get this often, not even at the mini champs in the Abyss.

It is very rude and impolite, but I really wouldn't mind people doing it if they just said Hi and asked, I would say yes most of the time.

6. I think this is the rudest thing you can do. If i've work a spawn to that point solo. let me finish and ask to join, then its no big deal. I usually get uninvited guests at navery, and when i ask why they come and jump in, they say for the gold. well if we are splitting it, you get just over 1k, you can go in the hole at narvey and get over 2k off one spider and its a fast kill. so go do that till i finish what i've worked so hard to get. then come help me with next one. even though i don't need anyones help at all.

7. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Up to a number of people can all get roll on their drop for Navery so if it is below six people I think it is not too big of a deal that someone shows up.

Each person that does enough damage has their own roll and does not have an effect on your change (everyone has the chance at the evil RNG).

8. DanteSignas

Navery is a a different thing. Thats like going to doom, u go in and its there and u kill. My primary concern is killing a bunch of crappy little spawn with the intention of getting the renowned out and somebody just muscling in on the renowned. This is more for like the wyvern, rats, demons, undead etc.

9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I think you should get mad and call them a fat trammy in general chat for half an hour.

10. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

:lol:

11. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Or talk about their mom.

12. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Now you're getting it!

13. DanteSignas

Oh so your saying I should go at it like a true Feluccan l33t pvper. I may try that!

But on second thought, most people who do it I find ignore you and say nothing or come up with some delusional story about how they were there first or something else strange because while they do engage in delinquent behavior they can't actually admit it.

Quite odd.

14. Razz

Razz Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Just make a character on siege. you will never ever have that problem again. :thumbup1: