1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

your thoughts on template change?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Silent Singer, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

So while suffering the post Turkey lethargy, I have gotten a crazy bug to change my template.I have a dungeon chest mage / imbuer with roughly:

Detect hid 50
    Rem trap 35
    Mage 100
    Eval 100
    Imbue 30
    Picks 80
    Hide 100
    Stealth 80
    Med 40s?

Which I built bc it was relatively cheap to start (using mining and tinkering). But now that I'm making money, it is a bit....boring.

I play a tamer on atl. I am thinking about changing to a tamer here. BUT my stomach turns when I think about raising taming from 0 to 105 natural skill. Someone talk me out of this!!!!!!

2. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Well it isn't as bad as you think since you need to raise to 70 and then ROT takes over.

Troop_Gil and SpyderBite like this.
  3. Silent Singer

On a related note, do the legacy tokens work on Siege? Could I use one for a soul stone to hold things like detect hidden on instead of just losing it?

4. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Yup.

5. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

your template sucks! no clue what you plan on doing with that

6. Silent Singer

It was the best fit for me to get started on Siege. I play with several modifications because of a health issue, so pvp or sampire are no good for me. That template allowed me to get started here and, even though several folks sped it along, I was able to make gold with minimal danger. Now that I have equipment, gold, and a place to store stuff, I'm ready to change it up.

7. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

what you lookin to do? and like you said it would be best to get soulstones

8. ApollyonSP

ApollyonSP Seasoned Veteran

Unfortunately you must max 100-120 most skills in the game now otherwise they're useless.

Long gone are the days where a player could have a successful build with 50 swordsanship.

9. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds like you want a low maintenance, self-sufficient template to make some gold and imbue for shard interaction.

I made a char on Mugen (same ruleset as Siege) a while back. With no passive detect on Siege or Mugen, you stealth into any dungeon area, cast an RC, invis or hide, let the RC do the work, then loot, then unravel - - the template should work within your health condition play style if you are already doing chests. You can do any of the mini-spawns in the Abyss solo. Higher the Myst, the less failures on casting RCs.

I made gold selling ingredients to vendors in new mag, then bought cheap PS scrolls (110-115). Skills (real) are locked at the level shown below. If you get a higher PS, you imbue the skill on the jewelry (second skills picture) . If you get some soulstones, even better.

MugenSkills.jpg

MugenSkillsMod.jpg

#9 RueTor, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  10. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

With the ROT a tamer is easy to train up compared to prodo, I believe I spent at most 2 weeks to go from 70-120 taming and was not very dedicated with the timer. My main template is 120 necro 120 SS 120 mage 120 tame 120 lore and 120 vet with the rest in focus. Sucks as a pvp template but is very effective for what I do in game most of the time. I sometimes drop necro and SS for Cart and lock picking. I only run 10 dex and 125 str and 125 Int. assuming you have ate the 25 stat and +5 scroll to max stats Jewels can bump you to max str and I believe I am at 197 mana. As far as chest trap damage at max hp you survive opening it and just heal up. I would take taming and lore to 120 so your GD obeys everytime and frees up the jewels 120 vet for the extra stable slots or 90 vet to be able to reliably heal the pet and put the extra 30 points in focus. Again this is not a great PVP toon as it lacks eval, hiding and stealth but is a very effective PVM template for certain critters and for T hunting. It works for me anyway ;)

11. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie

Oh yeah could replace Necro SS with Imbue/Mystic but that does not work for what I do.

12. Silent Singer

Rue, that was kinda the direction I had been going. In my case, stealth into destard, pick chests, then unravel items to raise imbue. I've pretty much streamlined this but now I find it a bit dull. This is why I had thought about taming, bc acquiring top level pets adds a new dimension to the game and would allow me to wander more freely and be protected by rune beetles/nightmares/greater drags. Mysticism would be way easier to train though, so that is worth a look. Thanks for the input!

13. Silent Singer

Tyrath, 2 weeks sound awesome! Did you have a hard time getting a 120 taming scroll?

14. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie

I didn't have much trouble finding taming scrolls but that has been quite some time ago. So I can't really say what the scroll market is like these days. For taming gains I just tamed a gaman or two every 15 minutes right outside homare gate.