1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Zoom level issues

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by hawkeye_pike, Sep 5, 2009.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

As you all know, there is exactly ONE zoom level in the Enhanced Client, where objects do not look blurred or strangely pixelated. It is the zoom level that matches the original Legacy Client size.

Each time I log in, first thing to do is to zoom exactly to that level, because graphics look best that way.

The client needs a funtion to lock the zoom to a fixed level (to prevent accidental zooming), and REMEMBER that zoom setting.

2. Fink

Fink Guest

I could happily do without "zoom out" if the default setting was 1:1 pixel ratio (and I wouldn't have to load all that extraneous :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: just to walk around).

3. Myna

Myna Guest

i wished we could get a radius circle aorund the char when using ranged attacks, when you zoom in and out its really hard to decide if a monster is near enough to hit or not ... when i cast spells the most time i get the msg its not in range and waste a lot time with recasting

so i stay with the classic client and yes the graphics in the enhaced client is much worse then the classic ... even most spells doesnt have an animation, just sound

4. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

There's NO reason why the artwork should pixelate and distort at ANY zoom level (except some pixelation at the closest zoom level)... that's fail #1.

The target reticule (the little spinny gold thingy) should go from gold to grey when a creature is out of range.

5. Myna

Myna Guest

ah, that would help, i give it a try, thx for info

6. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

No, it doesn't NOW, but it SHOULD... it's something I have posted about on the beta boards.

It's something the devs need to make it do.

Sorry... should have clarified.

7. Fink

Fink Guest

Good idea.

I expect it would change based on what spell you're casting, or skill you're using, etc. I've noticed my shepherd crook reaches further than my bard can, and various spells seem to have diffferent ranges (lightning seems to have the longest).

8. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That statement is incorrect. In fact, the spell animations in the Enhanced Client are way better than ni the Legacy Client. Maybe you turned off this feature?