With the party on the top of the world coming to an end, the outline for 2012 has become more tangible.
Feel free to dive into this short resume of the public information…
Take a look!
In between presentations, roundtables, pub crawls and everything else that’s going on at the 2012 Fanfest, take a quick breather from all the action (and any possible hangover you may or may not be experiencing; we won’t judge) with a little reading material. As a complementary feature to the Fanfest in-game gifts – an Impetus t-shirt and a special edition Iteron – we’re publishing extended lore articles on each of those, available through the online Fiction Portal. Point your browsers here for the Impetus article, and here for the Iteron one.
Team Five-O have just presented a talk to players at Fanfest on what changes they can expect to see changed with Crimewatch and aggression mechanics in the future. Click here to read more details.
Developers from EVE Online and Dust 514 presented a keynote for the EVE Online and Dust link. MOre details are availble at this forum thread.
One of the biggest talking points at any Fanfest are ships, bigger ships with bigger guns. See what CCP Ytterbium had to say about ship balancing in this thread.
Factional Warfare is enjoyed by many players in EVE and we have heard your calls that it has been ignored for too long. As a result, CCP Ytterbium presented our vision of the future to players today. You can find more details in this thread.
Team Super Friends have some cool plans for the future as far as modules are concerned. CCP SoniClover gave an overview of what we are planning in terms of tweaks to existing modules and the possibility of new modules. More details are available here.
Following a revamp of all laser, hybrid and projectile turrets our missile users have wondered when it will be their turn. Well wonder no longer and check out the video from Team TriLambda on how missiles and launchers will be changing in the future. Feedback can be given in this thread.
CCP Unifex today announced that from May 1st, UK players will be able to pay for their EVE Online subscriptions in pounds sterling. The regular monthly subscription fee will now stand at £9.99 for UK players. More details are available in this thread.
The ability for people to make third party tools and services for players to enjoy EVE is something we are passionate about. See this forum thread for more details on our new CREST model and how we plan to make 3rd party services much easier.
Work on the User Interface is something that we know players always appreciate. The UI design team got together with players today and had an open floor session on what players would like to see. More details are available in this thread.
The seventh CSM have been elected and results have been published. Please see this blog from CCP Diagoras for further details.
Fanfest is never complete until we see the latest trailer release. With the announcement of the EVE Online and Dust 514 link, our latest trailer shows some of the lore behind the creation of Dust mercenaries and how they will affect the life of a Capsuleer. The full video is available here!
Gives hints on the panels, discussions and upcoming ship balance passes (and more!).
Source: Velicia Tuoro
- Different damage locations for missiles on ships.
- New explosions based on damage type of missiles. Blue em explosions! Yellow/orange explosive
- Trails on missiles
- Grouped missiles look like seperate missiles, just fired at once
- Explosions seem to be randomised, rather than the same each time
- Localised damage sites on large ships (could be others) with textures.
- Demonstrated a broken in half titan with explosive/fire effects
- Showed some new: atron, imicis, navitas, steath bombers, tristran,
- Bombs will always have a fixed point under the ship
- Lots of sleeve tattoos
- Additional skin tones
- Bloodline blending
Featured people getting drunk at parties and showing off, in a delenquient way of subtlety and/or drunken stupor.
Source: no public documentation available.
A crowd of some 50 CCP Devs hit a collegues house for over 9000 damage saturday evening, ensuring that only a handfull of players gained entry to the privat domain where they hung out for a few hours, complementary beverages and food by provided by @Hilmar.
Source: no public documentation availble.
Randomly noted theorycrafting discussion (may or may not happen at some point):
- Agression transfer
- Inheriting agression timer when engaging in support roles.
- 60 second expiration
- Corp hopping
- Docking, joining and undocking allowed.
- Observations noted concerning duelling mechanics (canflipping).
- Programming Issue: Cannot create a 1 vs 1 agression map that allows two-way fire.
- Agressing a suspect = duel agreement
- Bounty and Smuggling is going to be the focus of a future update/patch.
- Bounty based on hull value, exclusively.
- Kill right mechanics going away.
- Faction mods on market.
- 2 layers of bad:
- Tackling = Suspect
- Killing = Criminal
- Different things triggering different criminal tags
- Engaging above -5 in low = suspect
- Police Scaling
- Immediate Scram, then death.
Dust514 Character and Vehicle Presentation
New Player Experience Panel
Source: Dennie Fleetfoot
- New players leave after ~1 hour, or after undocking.
- The ideas tossed around made CCP realize that with CQ they had created an interesting tool for funneling in new players to the game, unintentionally (a natural bridge between avatar based MMO’s and the space game).
Virtual Goods and EVE Panel
Source: Dennie Fleetfoot
- No Pay To Win, Ever.
- There is no grey.
Sound, Music and Mood in EVE Panel
Source: Dennie Fleetfoot
- New algorithm in development that will allow music to be composed for you on the fly by your client, depending on activity, placement, surroundings and many many more attributes.
- Differing weapon sounds based on damage type, turret type etc.
- Sound effects to scale by zoom level.
- From “Up-close-and-personal” ranging all the way up to “far away, hearing only the remnants of weapon explosions and hull destructions”
- Estimated Timeline: a few years