1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] A Coffin

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Exodus, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Exodus

Exodus Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I got my first section of 'A Coffin' in a Trove map tonight. I didn't know those were even going to be available in chests.. Anyone else find any new items ? Would love to see what else is out there

Attached Files:

Maldar likes this.
  2. Maldar

Maldar Journeyman

That is cool! I just got a bronze-colored sword that simply says Ancient Weapon (Weight: 1 Stone)

Ancient weapon.jpg

3. Maldar

Maldar Journeyman

This also appears to be the end of the 10-charge Skeleton Keys, unless someone knows different. These new Master Skeleton Keys are only good for one charge. Glad I'm an old, longtime hoarder.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I can confirm that 10 charge skeleton keys still spawn, they're in supply assassin chests.

SouthPaw and Maldar like this.
  5. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Treasure Hunters

No, the 10-charge skeleton keys still exists, got one last night.

What you have is the single charge master skeleton. It, too, existed before, and it's much more rare. It allows you to unlock a chest without a fail, handy for those old L7 chests.

celticus and Maldar like this.
  6. Maldar

Maldar Journeyman

Ah, I didn't know that. I had never seen one before. Thanks for the info.

7. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

But you still have to have Lock Picking to use either the 10 charge key or the Master Skeleto key right?

I got 2 masters and 3 10 charge ones, One Skull Staff reddish color, and one Thieve's Bandana.

Maldar likes this.
  8. Exodus

Exodus Adventurer

I wish the Skeleton keys would "stack" so they would hold more charges

Maldar likes this.
  9. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Treasure Hunters

That's a good question; I've never tried. If it eliminates failure, I wonder if you can pick it with 0 skill? Or if you have to have some minimum skill first.

They stack. Double click one, target another.

I just don't do it. I work them down to a single charge then turn it in for cleanup points. 10-charge and single charge are worth the same number of points.

Maldar and Exodus like this.
  10. Lieutenant Dan!

Lieutenant Dan! Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure about this patch but i used to stone off lockpicking and use the Master Skeleton key's on level 7 chests with zero lockpicking skill. That was before the patch
    Always needed lockpicking with the 10 charge keys. They just gave fewer failed attempts.

11. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

After getting a bunch of skeleton keys my first day digging (including 2 in one chest), I got 0 the second day, and got 3 master skeleton keys in a 4-map stretch on day 3 but NO regular skeleton keys.

Gotta love the streaking RNG....

12. Keven2002

Keven2002 Seasoned Veteran

Given that lockpicking no longer blows anything up, the skeletal master keys are basically a fancy 1 charge skeleton key now (not nearly as valuable as before). I'd much rather have the keys with 10 charges now

13. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

But you know what would be awesome? If they allow the Master Keys to unlock 100% no fail with NO LP skill on that encounter.