1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazing "Cleansing" coming to Luna with is coming publish.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by EvilPixieWorks, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:59 AM.

1. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Publish hit Izumo last update (during our afternoon 3/13/2019).

I had business at the most beautiful vendor mall on the shard... that took goodness knows how many WEEKS to build. Normally, anyone recalls in... sees the décor without stepping foot on the houses.

I had asked about this a few weeks back. Since coming back to full play, I cant help notice the epic "clutter" to Atlantic Luna vendor houses and I asked why. The response being bamboo flooring. And something came up about a new move to block this exploit... and, apparently, this update will be the big fix. Only, I had thought it would be something to prevent NEW building, not old.

Well? It will instantly turn ALL houses using this exploit in to ugly normal looking houses covered in bamboo flooring.

I fully synthesize with the massive headache it will be to remove all vendors and rebuild. A very long time ago, I had to do the same thing to make a couple of small changes to the hard décor that couldn't be removed without going in to construction mode. I swore I'd never do it again. EVER!

When I came to see Atlantic Luna COVERED in horrid colors and EM event rares... I couldn't understand why the game suddenly looked like a toybox threw up. Everyone using this exploit will have to start from starch. I'm sure there will be a LOT of nasty words over this news... HERE... forget the day the publish hits on all shards.

Lord Gandalf likes this.
  2. Lord Gandalf

Lord Gandalf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

3. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

I'll see what I can do. :)

4. Zoogi

Zoogi Journeyman

How duz yoo git da toybox dat trew ub lewk.. Mez tinkin mez wood LUB dat!!!

Malee likes this.
  5. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Master

This is not something to be celebrating. Players homes are changed without consent. Please stop saying exploit. Those tiles have shown items since day one. Or two. I know at least one of the devs knew this.
    As for house styles, I do not care for the Op's design, colors or deco. I do not have to look at them now do I?
    What bothers me most, besides the cackling of some, is that the devs gave no warning other than "building too high is over". Did this hurt my Luna house? No.
    We lose more and more players every damn day. Keep up the good work and you will play alone.

Andrasta, Eärendil, Pawain and 4 others like this.
  6. petemage

petemage Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Are they?

From what I read everything is the same only that a person needs to enter the house to load its contents. No houses are touched, they only give the passenger a break from those lag monsters..

Cupid and ShriNayne like this.
  7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Forcing me to look at your ugly crap was killing my enjoyment of the game... ever think of that? Causing me insane lag and making it NO FUN to try to go to Atl to buy anything was a nightmare... I for one am extremely happy they are putting an end to this EXPLOIT. Which it was ... They certainly did give warning saying they were looking into the issue and it would be FIXED.

Its been something someone discovered that the DEVs were unaware of... therefore it was a BUG that they rectified... So using a bug to force others to see your ugly creation is IMO an EXPLOIT... by definition...

Most likely the reason they never cared before was because very few were doing it and it was before housing tiles and the 10Million EM Drops in all the gaudy colors were dumped all over the shards year after year... but now it's gotten WAY out of hand and the BUG has become front and center to everyone... so now it did need fixing as it was causing issues with game performance and player fun.

8. Cymidei

Cymidei UO Pacific News Reporter
    Supporter Alumni Campaign Supporter

Lol yes, hate ugly player houses! Luna could use a good sacking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Great DC

Great DC Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Exploit -- Knowingly taking advantage of a broken game mechanic. Yes those who use those tiles are exploiting. Be thankful they are just fixing it cause back in the day if you were caught exploiting you got banned.

10. jeriicco

jeriicco Journeyman

Nobody is being banned mostly because it's not an exploit, It's just a bug. Nobody made any significant gains from it and nobody will lose anything significant when its corrected. The lag sucks for some people and the loss of being able to show off your stuff sucks for others....

11. MalagAste

Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

There are better less obtrusive ways to show off your crap... Hold an event... give out free stuffs... put out runes or books... invite folk over and be social...

12. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Grand Inquisitor
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Since this means we'll be able to walk around luna without needing dramamine, I'm all for it. If it means we won't have the ridiculous **** floating over the streets, even better.

If someone is going to quit because their pixels can't forcibly assault our eyes any more, I have a two word response:

Bye, Felisha.

13. MalagAste

Great @Dot_Warner now you got something stuck in my head:

Drakelord likes this.
  14. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

Anger over such a thing. Its so sad.

I'm sure staff would never dare ban every single person using this exploit/bug because they would maybe lose 1000 or more accounts right off the bat. As many bugs as I've seen over the years... old staff… current staff... they have little "hick-ups" that some types of players work endlessly to try and find an exploit... then it becomes "known", then grows. SO many over the years. The small spider silk quest, that could then be used to make super-white cloth. The normal "neon" dyes for runebooks. Many more I cant even remember at this moment. They were all explained away, BY STAFF, as being "Easter Eggs".... BUT then are quickly repaired. So the "truth" was that they were bugs, repaired. Its not that I'm shaming current staff, but bugs dont seam to be a priority... at all, unless they are highly dangerous to the game, cause share crashes or whatever. It could be, this bamboo floor "bug" quickly GREW in to an "exploit" as so many people learned and took advance.

Main problem? Staff should have fixed this issue the second it was discovered. Perhaps thats why people are so angry at the thought of it finally being corrected.

I totally agree with jeriicco. I also believe shopping by sign should have the option to turn it off! Some of us work hard to decorate houses nicely and are happy to learn and grow as builders/decorators… and show off some of our rares in the process. I also have seen amazing designs by others that it is a shame you would never be able to see unless you walked on to the house. Never mind the rares aspect. If décor only (not just the hard building) was 1 to 10? Would be a hard 10. Mine? A happy 6 or 7 in comparison. I dont chop up deeded items... what could also be labeled an exploit/bug... but it really doesnt hurt anyone but the owner of those items. Again, we are talking about the highest skilled decorators.

Frankly, I totally love the custom house building system. I've learned so much since the day it went live and I had the opportunity to help a friend, who was growing frustrated, to make him a wonderful custom house. I've build countless houses since then. Learned so much. I'm still learning. I honestly wish they would come out with a "stand alone" house building program where you could place whatever size plot you wished, build a house, save it... be able to import that design to the game. That way you could even sell designs like a professional architect. It will NEVER happen! But one can dream. :) Thats why I like going to the test shard and we have that wonderful ability to copy one our guys, with what he/she has on them and in bank... even decorating a test shard house if you wanted to go that far. More or less, I just work on design... not décor. You can do that live and co-owned to a friend's house without having to use said account. And that opens up a whole problem of security, clearly.

I have no clue if this correction will hit with full force when the publish goes live. I really do feel for those people who have to basically start over again with a house that lost all its flash and polish. However, you guys angry at this prospect need to remember we have loads of options to do really nice designs without exploiting anything. Take a few hours. Enjoy yourself. Those people with vendors along the front: If you really want to show off your collection/skills... find a way to welcome people in. I will check out a nice looking house, no matter if it has vendors or not, see how others think and work the building system. A big shame (on Izumo), I find so many locked up as private. What can you do? Paranoia is unfounded when you can lock doors. Just about every house I've ever had my fingers on, some area is owner only. What can you do? Its no big deal.

15. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Master

To whom it may concern. My Luna house is located on the Lake Superior west road. It is named House Greenleaf. How you see it from Atlantic while shopping is truly amazing. :)

16. Pawain

Pawain Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Lag is solved! Your LS house must pay!

Glad we won't have any more lag at EM events!

railshot and Cyrah like this.
  17. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Stratics Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter The Valorian Knights

I chose not to use bamboo flooring in my Luna house specifically for this reason. I always figured the developers would change it to fix that bug one day without player consent and everyone would have to rebuild their houses because of it.

There are no words to express the frustration of having to drop 66 vendors rented to different people, remodel the house as fast as possible without messing it up because your ICQ is blowing up daily with "is it done yet?" from vendor owners...and then having to find each of those 66 people again to put their vendors back, along with figuring out who owns what items that ended up in the moving crate when some people didn't come back for their dropped vendor items in time. I did this once, and never again.

I empathize with those who have to deal with this now, however overall I think it was a good change.

18. railshot

railshot Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think that means what you think it means.

grimiz likes this.
  19. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

Auto-correction... when I was already tired enough to go to bed. :) Sorry everyone!

Yeah, the word was "sympathies"... clearly.

As Captn Norrington just posted... nothing is worth a minor or MAJOR redesign and having everyone bombing you with messages to get vendors back... OR losing vendors because people are not as "religious" about keeping track of their vendors as some of us are. Even sending out mass messages, people dont respond.

To be totally honest, I never understood why they made that stupid rule about redesigning houses with rental vendors being locked out until the rentals are down. What did they honestly think would happen? You'd set the rental vendors in inaccessible areas so the owners couldn't reach them? The sign allows any fool to access vendors AND allows the owners to load or unload them. Sometimes (or every time I see a vendor standing in the grass of my house.... its MY vendors), its not an issue at all. You cant turn it off. I wish you could! BUT... if you go with a 1-week renewal, you dont get locked in to waiting 30 days just because you missed that renewal on 4-weeks.

You should be able to relocate rentals.

Captn Norrington likes this.
  20. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

It will be like..lets say like bowel cleansing!!:devil:

21. Finley Grant

Finley Grant Crazed Zealot
    Campaign Supporter

wise man!

the change is amazing!!! :D

Captn Norrington likes this.
  22. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

Publish is now LIVE!

Atlantic… WOW!

Kind of "hit or miss" as some houses dont seem effected by the exploit correction... but most look like a bamboo floored mess.

23. temu

temu Lore Keeper

Can someone explain to me what this bamboo "bug" was and what it did for people's home? I don't quite understand what's going on, but I find it interesting.