1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone remember the Old Weapon/Armour titles

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Froden_UO, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Froden_UO

Froden_UO Guest

Name Damage Increase
    Vanquishing 25%

Name Stats
    Invulnerable
    Durbale

2. Muck

Muck Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Weapon Titles

Durability
    Indestructible (best)
    Fortified
    Massive
    Substantial
    Durable (worst)

Accuracy
    Supremely Accurate (best)
    Exceedingly Accurate
    Eminently Accurate
    Surpassingly Accurate
    Accurate (worst)

Damage
    Vanquishing (best)
    Power
    Force
    Might
    Ruin (worst)

Armor

Armor prefix (=durability)

Durable +5 to armor HP
    Substantial +10 to armor HP
    Massive +15 to armor HP
    Fortified +20 to armor HP
    Indestructible +25 to armor HP

Armor suffix (=Protection Level)

Defense +5 to AR
    Guarding +10 to AR
    Hardening +15 to AR
    Fortification +20 to AR
    Invulnerability +25 to AR

...Did anyone ever had a Indestructible Supremely Accurate Vanquishing Weapon? :eek:)

3. Wish they'd bring those names back.

4. Harb

Harb Guest

No sir, never so lucky. I did however see a silver one actually sell on eBay for $250. Sorry but forgot which shard.

5. Froden_UO

Froden_UO Guest

Thank you for a superb listing of those old Stats been searching for them to remember the great old days.

6. ohmyGED

ohmyGED Visitor

I still have (although it isn't entitled this way anymore) my full set of Indestructable Studded Leather of Invulnerability. Also think I may have the Indestructible Supremely Accurate Halbred of Vanquishing as well....looks funny compared to weapons/armor as of today.

7. Meadow2

Meadow2 Guest

Things were simpler back then. Im still confused about all the new weapons. I still remember the day i got a Fortified Supremely Accurate Vanquishing silver katana. I got it killing liche lords in deciet. I never sold it. I loved it but because i didnt understand (and still dont) the new weapons i probably trashed it long ago.

8. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hope you still have that one; that one would still hold up today.

-Galen's player

9. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It wouldn't work these days unless they also showed you the stats. (For example, the invasion weapons.) With game systems are they are, they need to show the stats.

-Galen's player

10. Nah it could be done in name only just for nostalgia sake or in artifacts.

11. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Ruin Might Force your Power to be Vanquished!!!

12. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

hope this helps :pint:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Fink

Fink Guest

I remember you had to Item ID things before you got those names. I think each item had a short list of people who'd ID'd it, so whenever they looked at it they saw the true name, unless too many people ID'd it and there was no room on the list, it had to be ID'd again.

14. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Don't forget then that they added mystic? Was more powerful than vanq... and then the mystic weps were useful in the invasion right?

15. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

I had exactly one of those... kept it in my bank box too because I was afraid of losing the silly thing. Of course, AoS hit, and it instantly became just another katana.

The return of the named weapons actually only returned Power and Vanquishing, and then added Mystic to it. These newly named weapons really are not the equivalent of the old named weapons (which all lost their names when the servers went live with AoS). But in answer to your question, yes, I believe Mystic was more "powerful" than Vanquishing.

16. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend

The other day I recieved a Vanq hally from a event on Napa. I have it locked down at my house along side some a special pie and blood. The items are refrenced in this thread: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=169876 but the hally didn't have a photo. I thought that these weapons showed again during the invasion a few years back but I could be wrong.

17. pgcd

pgcd Guest

I think it would be rather easy to mod the EC so that names akin to these are displayed instead of the standard one, based on the item properties - it could be fun, I think.

18. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master

I had an indestructible exceedingly accurate silver Pickaxe of vaquishing. got it from treasure chest lev 3 I believe I still have it on Atlantic I think.

19. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I wouldn't say base the name on the items properties. More up to date they could have a naming system that is based off the point value of the item's mods. Would make looting easier so could grab by what Imbuing ingredients your after.

I still have a set of invul plate with optional female tunic. And a set again that is val enhanced. Just something to stroke while remembering simpler happy times. Now if drop a Yew Lich Grove chuckleman looting it would just slow me down. Got my pile of other art bandies still.

20. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Guest

yeppers - would make a market and a reason to have Item ID and wands again

21. EricVT

EricVT Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, had a long spear like that on Great Lakes. Used an item bless deed on it and took it everywhere I went before someone hacked my account and wiped me clean.