In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
Discussion in 'UHall' started by Frarc, Jan 21, 2013.
Not bad for a "Small" shard!
what did you log in on your 15 accounts LOL
I don't have 15 accounts
hehehhe europa looks like this on EM Event day tooooo.......
Take a screenshot of anything on drac outside an em event... .DEAD
Every EM event looks similar on any shard... just the same 20 people (plus the asian players 40 multi accounts in case there is a vending machine event item) at every event...
The guy mentioned it was during an EM event on his server of choice, I think that says enough about why there's so many people, coming in and saying the shard is dead any other time isn't helping.. Just like I could say go compare Atlantics' active pop during peak vs. World of Warcrafts' most inactive server during off peak hours and that wouldn't help anything either. If anything, he should be given a cookie for trying to get some people to come check it out so it won't be so empty on his shard during non em event times.
Shard mergers are needed (lol troll)
Some kind of community "bridge" is needed, and from looking into various sources (mostly developer related; mostly being the keyword), they "talk" about it and have tossed the idea around.. but they aren't sure how to go about it. Here are a few things they are having problems with according to Jeffy Jeff - amd a schpeel of my own about the economic insanities.. hehe.
- Asking one shard to say goodbye to their housing spot and not messing with the other shard
- Asking both shards to say goodbye to their housing spots and having a new land rush (and from what I can see this being a kick in the teeth to both servers original struggle to get to where they are at now)
- Disrupting economies on both shards, influxes of things that were considered hard to come by on one shard which were not on another tilt-a-whilring into economic insanities that were or cannot be predicted causing Vendor Stocker A to possibly just say the *expletive* with it and just leave the game altogether.
- Increase in teeanage pregnanc.. I mean nvm.
Some benefits to just mooshing together shards would include
- Actually being able to get a rez from a person after getting wtf'pwnt by a bunch of goblins in Stygian Abyss and you were too high or drunk to remember to plant your silver seed.
- More competition from people trying to earn your gold via vendors or general shout spam. This could also be bad as undercutting will almost certainly reach it's pinnacle in this situation.
- Roleplayers on one server may meet Roleplayers on another server and rekindle passionate flames of Roleplayerness amongst that shattered and disintegrating community.
I'm sure I'm missing alot; this is not something I spend a lot of time thinking about or researching because I don't think a reasonable enough solution will be realized before the passing of many seasons. Meow.
-- Thinking a little about it, they did try introducing shard shields for people but the backlash was pretty vile regarding them. Some people were jelly that they are 15 year vet rewards; some thought they were completely unnecessary for any reason whatsoever and think it's a slap in the face to those who bought or regularly buy xfer tokens. There are transfer tokens; people said credit people with xfer tokens like * months in advance and give notice to people on a particular shard before it is merged with another or just shut down in the first place. All kinds of stuff has been talked about on these forums about it. I'll just toss my paw in the arena and say Advertise the game.
I'm sure there will be crowds larger than that on Atlantic when that castle drops in the next few days!
Player Auction Event:
Sir Red"s Memorial:
Player Thank You Drahenfels Event:
And on and on.
Lots of player run events and that all because Drachs is "Dead" and no one joins it. (Sarcasm)
Maybe we are less then Atlantic atleast we know how to have fun.
And as a American i would not log in at 4-5 am in our time, Yes then the shard is death . Should try it during the week-end from 8-9pm CET, we always try to have events with the community.