1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto Looting in EC

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Mikeltin5, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman

Is there a macro that opens surrounding corpses and looks for a specified item? I spend quite a bit of time in the lich room in Doom and opening the corpses constantly is tiring to say the least. All I want out of the corpse is the map. Is there a macro I can create that checks nearby corpses or un-touched corpses for the item and retrieves it?

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You still have to open all the corpses manually to "auto loot" which is a shame.

This is the closest you will get:

Storm and Sqrlking like this.
  3. Jon

Jon Adventurer

I know this post is a bit old but I am finally giving EC a solid try I am not useing pincos, I was able to set up the auto loot like above with standard macro in ec. My question in the agent setting what is the difference between “add by type” or “add by Id” ? Thank you in advance!

4. petemage

petemage Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Every gold stack has its own (shard-wide) unique "item ID" while they all share a common "item type". If you want to loot all gold, you want to "add by type", since "add by id" would only loot a single specific gold pile on a single corpse.

Same goes for leather, wood, etc.

Jon likes this.
  5. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Ok I get that so if I’m after jewelry wish ssi dci hci on it would I need to find a piece with all that on there and add by id? Or do I still need to just loot all jewelry and go through it manually?

6. petemage

petemage Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

No, each piece of jewelry has its unique ID.

Yes :/

The IDs is how the game can actually know that one sword has like SSI while another sword of the same looks has DI instead. Think of a list of all the world objects in UO:

ID 1: longsword (item type 1), DI, Repond slayer
    ID 2: longsword (item type 1), SSI, Demon slayer, 100% fire
    ID 3: shield (item type 2), DCI
    ID 4: gold (item type 3), amount 3000
    ID 5: gold (item type 3), amount 1500
    etc.

For your case you can only filter all jewelry by adding the item type of jewelry. Rings, earrings, bracelets and necklaces should have each an own item type. To further filter for specific item mods you would need to do a bit of programming (afaik). Maybe Pincos can do it, but I really dont know.

Jon likes this.
  7. petemage

petemage Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

@grimiz has the coolest stuff in that direction that I know of. But neither him nor me are putting the effort in it to make public releases because it's a ton of support and maintenance work. (props to @Pinco at this point ;))

Check out UO, Mervyn's unified vision of everything.

Jon likes this.
  8. Lord Arm

Lord Arm Lore Keeper

one of the most shameful things done to screw over honest cc people was to make ec so must better, make pincos legal and do nothing for the cc people. devs need to make program for cc, to help make things much more even between the 2 clients or at least make an illegal program, legal. from pvp, looting and many other advantages of ec/pincos, people will continue to leave. it seems like no one cares. ive said this before, if cc people really knew what ec/pincos can do, they would not be happy. just my opinions.

celticus likes this.
  9. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

in my UI there is the finders keepers system that brings on top items with specific stats, on default you can't do it...

Jon likes this.
  10. Jon

Jon Adventurer

So in your UI (just downloaded it) how does finders keeper ms work? I select items I want st the top of the loot bag?

11. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

no you must go in the setting and specify all the details manually, no targeting :D
    and the items will go on top of the corpse items list not the loot bag...

Jon likes this.
  12. Khyro

Khyro Seasoned Veteran

Or you could just use the EC? No one is forcing players to stay on the CC. If you want to use the CC instead of EC, knowing that EC has all these "advantages", then that's on you I'm afraid. As for Broadsword making Pinco's "legal", its just a UI. Anyone can make a UI for the EC, the devs designed it with an open framework and full documentation on how to modify it (don't believe me, download the EC, and go to the User Interface folder and you will find an entire set of documentation on how to modify the UI). Pinco is just someone that decided to make a full blown UI for it to help people (and we are grateful for it!).

CC users buy/use 3rd party tools to get an advantage over others (UOAssit, UOAM, etc.). The real complaints shouldn't be about CC vs EC, it should be about vanilla CC vs "paid" CC. EC is free to anyone. Pinco's UI is free to anyone.

13. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Thank you got it worked out just need to play with it more!!

14. petemage

petemage Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well, technically true. I'm a huge EC fan, but with some features I'm pretty sure the developers back then couldn't image what players will come up with. Normally there is some form of corretive, i.e. Developers closing loopholes which were not intended. But this is UO. And 2018. Nobody is going to fix or close anything ;)

15. DDesire

DDesire Adventurer

Hello guys,

don't want to create a new thread so asking here.
    in EC I have set up the organazier and put a vacuum hotkey, if I hit the hotkey the looting works just fine but auto close containers does not work at all?!
    if I press the organizer button on the corpse itself it loots then closes the container just fine, anyone else run into this issue? how to solve?

(the close all container vacuum works in Pincos UI, however the constant crashes are driving me insane so I am forcing myself to the regular EC)