1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Author Wes Locher has teamed up with Stratics for a giveaway of his new book Braving Britannia. This book explores the history and impact of Ultima Online and includes interviews from current and past dev team members as well as many UO and Stratics community members. Click here for more details!
    Dismiss Notice

back for new changes.... mage Q

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Roland', Jan 10, 2012.

  1. Roland'

    Roland' Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

    Jun 30, 2006
    Likes Received:
    so if i run...

    mage 100 inscribe 100
    eval 120 anat 100
    med 120 focus 60
    resist 120

    will i be able to use the 30% sdi in pvp?

    also i was told by 2 people mages dont get lethal poison without weapon but i read on herald if you are within 3 tiles you get a weak @$$ 10% chance to lethal. any confirmation on that please as well.
  2. goldenpower

    goldenpower Guest

    I just came back too and I haven't read all of the recent patch notes yet but I think the information below is correct. if anyone notices an error please correct me.

    your SDI cap from items will be 30% and the scribe will give you an extra 10% for a total of 40%

    why would you run 100 mage in pvp? your heals would be smaller, it would harder to poison people, harder to curse, etc..

    also with 100 anatomy and 120 eval your defensive wrestling ability will be 120 which is good but you're probably better off just using 120 wrestling because tactics is not required to use wrestling special moves.

    poisoning I'm not 100% sure but I think your poison + magery needs to be 200 to be able to DP within 3 tiles. I don't think you can LP with In Nox

    so you would do 120 magery 80 poisoning, but I don't think that's a very powerful template. you'd be better off doing a weapon skill instead of wrestling. as with wrestling you don't need tactics to use Infectious Strike or Serpent arrow

    possible template could be this (you'd need a lot of mana regen on your suit)

    120 magery
    120 eval
    120 swords or fencing
    120 resist
    100 poisoning
    100 inscription
    40 med

    in my opinion, that is a fun template but I haven't pvp'ed in quite a while. you might get your ass kicked constantly I have no idea. a current pvp'er with experience can chime in and give us more info.
  3. Mervyn

    Mervyn Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

    Jul 25, 2009
    Likes Received:
    the 60 focus will break the 30% sdi.

    And yes with 100 poisoning you have a 10% chance of doing lethal poison (with the spell) if you're within 3 tiles.