1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Biology is Amazing, and sometimes CREEPY!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blackie, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Blackie

Blackie Seasoned Veteran

I was moving some old barnwood from a friend's truck to a storage area for later use in making some items, picture frames, etc. A little snail on a piece of wood caught my attention because it looked like it was glowing and flashing. My gut told me something wasn't right with it, what snail wants to attract attention, right?

So I google it and find this - "green-banded broodsac". Great, it's a zombie snail!

Warning, if you look it up on youtube.... nightmares I tell you! The thought that nature has this kind of thing is amazing.... but oohhhh so creepy. Bleh!

edit: we never touched it and decided the wood was better off as a bonfire. Icky ick. Oh, and if a bird ever poops on you... try not to let this bug you, lol.