1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Book of Taming mastery

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Ivory Norwind, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Resolved. Noone has says to me that between a change and another must be 10 minutes

Now there is a good problem. I'v e made the Bard quest wIth all my char that HAVE peacemaking. I obtain the book. All char have made the own quest. I added taming and all the books don.t work at all. In every book i can't choose the skill also peacemaking.
    All say that " you are not the correect path for using this mastery ability"
    If i open the books no skill is turned on and i can't do this with clicking on the book to change ability. Thay are all bugged? Why?

#1 Ivory Norwind, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Benefactor Treasure Hunters

For each character, you have to have 90 skill *and* the mastery primer to be able to select it.

If you get the book and hand it to another character that doesn't have the peacemaking skill, then the peacekeeping mastery won't be available.

The mastery primer stays with the character, not the mastery book.

3. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

4. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Benefactor Treasure Hunters

No, you do not need Primary I, then II, then III. Any of of them will suffice.

As an example, let's say you have a character with 120 Peacemaking and 120 Magery. You wish to change from using the Peacemaking mastery to using the Magery mastery.

First, you need a Magery primer that drops from champ spawns. You double click it and the blue gassy spell effect is on you. You have successfully added it to your book.

Then double click the mastery book and click the swirly button next to "Active Mastery"
    upload_2017-8-4_5-57-5.png

A list of available masteries will popup and you can change to a new mastery.

upload_2017-8-4_5-58-55.png