1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Bushido on pets

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Cereal2K, May 11, 2017.

1. Cereal2K

Cereal2K Visitor

Hey guys,
    does anyone know if bushido on pets does anything except give it access to the whirlwind attack? And does leveling up bushido increase whirlwind damage or reduce the mana cost or something?
    So far I havent noticed anything so if anyone knows please clear this up for me/us :)

Thanks in advance,

CK

Whyterose likes this.
  2. Tyrath

Tyrath Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My Now Metallic WarBird Hiryu has 120 Bushi, Parry, Wrestle, Tactics and Anat and yes the Bushido makes a huge difference. I might be wrong but he parrys about 3X more blows than the Green ThunderChicken without Bushido but 120 Parry. He also does lightning strike quite often and have seen some hits on Miasma that were 175+ when LS goes off. Also does momentum strike and confidence (If you are close occasionally the momentum strik will hit you and make him agro on you. ANd very often on the final blow you hear the thump of a Death Blow. I parked him at Miasma for 6 hours last night and never put a bandage on him.......... Pics are from before he was trained up to 5x Legendary. Best pet build I have done yet. To be fair he was almost a Perfect Hiryu when I tamed him and all his naturally high stats and skills made it points affordable to add so much to him. Any Future pets that I will be training as potential tanks will have Bushido.

metalic warbird.jpg metallic turkey damage.jpg metallic turkey front stats.jpg metallic turkey lore.jpg metallic turkey resist.jpg

Whyterose and Grace of Minoc like this.
  3. Cereal2K

Cereal2K Visitor

Hm ok thanks that sounds pretty neat actually, I'm using it on my life leech whirlwind tsuki and even without parry (not GM wrestling yet) it does a fairly decent job of sampiring through champ spawn, cant wait to see the full potential :)

4. Grace of Minoc

Grace of Minoc Journeyman

I have been working on a similar hiryu, but just got started. Did you put any regens on this guy?

5. Tyrath

Tyrath Crazed Zealot

This is pure speculation but it it does seem that when the special moves go off , the bushi doesn't and when he is using the bushi a lot the spec moves are far and few between. I notice on my Tsuki he uses Bushi very little but there is the constant Life leech going on. So I wonder if that diminishes the use of bushido.

Whyterose likes this.
  6. Tyrath

Tyrath Crazed Zealot

Maxxed HP Regen at 20. could have taken him to 1085 HP but figured the HP Regen was worth more than another 85HP. Probably should have used armor ignore instead of bladeweave but occasionally get AI/Whirlwhind/Mortal Strike with the bladeweave... seems 3 specs moves at the cost of one was better IMO. Going to have to cheat him/her of some hp and resist to pull off the power scrolls, damage base, bushi, stam, and HPR ........ we won't talk about the 3 I ruined figuring this build out :)

Whyterose likes this.
  7. Cereal2K

Cereal2K Visitor

From my experience this has simply to do with the fact that life leech makes every auto hit and special move that deals damage cost another 5 mana as long as enough mana is available and even with 30 mana regen my pet is constantly on empty and if wrestling is high enough that your pet hits nearly every attack mana never reaches enough total mana again to use bushido moves again because each normal hit costs 5 mana. I'm trying to get my hands on 120 focus + med PS to see if that bit of extra regen will be enough to enable more continuous use of whirlwind. Even with this tho the pet is pretty effective, I was surprised.
    I didnt put hp regen on him because the leech is more than enough

Whyterose and Tyrath like this.
  8. Grace of Minoc

Thanks
    I noticed mostly that you had no MR/SR mentioned. I had put 10 MR on mine, and with playing him to reach level Five, see no need at all to
    put more into that as he never falls too far below his 260ish mana. But did put on 10 SR and noticed he almost never went below 150,
    where as with no SR he would go below 120 stam from 150 if damaged a little over halfway.

Was thinking that since mana regen from med is bumped from MR, that stamina regen from focus is bumped from SR.
    Just putting on the 10 SR was a very noticeable difference. Oh and yes, first thing I did was cap HPR.

The only scroll he is going to 120 is bushido, rest all 110's. Am not a rich woman....hehe

Well, as we speak, am going to put his last points in since he just reached level five. Am holding my breath, as hoping
    I learned from trial and error on the other half done pets in my stable and this is my Go To Pet.

Whyterose and Tyrath like this.
  9. Grace of Minoc

alright he all done now, no looking back

hp 1000
    stam 150
    mana 276
    str 700
    dex 150
    int 322 (what was born with)

hpr 20 sr 12 mr 10

80-75-70-70-70 resists

24-33 base damage

whirlwind attack
    bushido
    feint
    grasping claw
    dismount

120 bushido scroll
    110 scrolls in:
    resist spells, anatomy, parry, tactics, wrestling

I am broke as hell now and tired of training/experimenting.

Need to go earn gold on this guy now!

10. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Wow, Bushido sounds pretty good

11. Tyrath

Tyrath Crazed Zealot

The only reason I have so many 120 scrolls is I hoard everything and when scroll binders came out I turned all of my 105, 110, and 1152 in to 120s. I mean hey you might need a hundred 120 wrestling scrolls some day right? LOL. Turns out I did need them someday :) Looks good Only thing I would have done different is a 120 parry. My hope with Metallic Warbird was with the Parry and Bushido that he would not get hit enough to keep his stam down. So far on most things that holds true. For the things that it doesn't hold true I wish I had maxed SR out LOL.

I trained mine up at the fan dancer Dojo just hung out in a room with two fan dancers (they respawn fast) and let him kill, while I stealthed around looting the gold. I did park him with spectral spell binders in new haven and they took him to 100 resisting and 120 parry only took about a hour and a half. Fandancers did Wrestling and anat and Miasma finished off Tactics and Bushi. And banked a lot of gold and a few good items from the fan dancers..... well a hair over 1.6 mil from them anyway. I am weird I keep track of how much gold I make training/farming different things along with how well the gains are from the different things.

I also noticed today and guess I was not seeing it before but he uses evasion A LOT. Once I saw it and started paying attention I saw the grey "Evades" on him very often.

Swordsman and Whyterose like this.
  12. ChelseyEvilElf

ChelseyEvilElf Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

See Im having trouble finding the bushido to add on. Its just simply not there! Also not seeing the moves available that you have. Could u plse explain what Im doing wrong here. This is for my hiryu and no unfortunetly it wasnt a lesser.

13. ChelseyEvilElf

ChelseyEvilElf Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Attached Files:

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      File size:
      49.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      75.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      65.3 KB
      Views:
  14. Tyrath

Tyrath Crazed Zealot

Was the pet tames pre pub 97?

15. ChelseyEvilElf

ChelseyEvilElf Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Yes

16. Tyrath

Tyrath Crazed Zealot

There in lies the problem, some pre pub Hiryus can add bushido and some can't. Myself and Donavon have done some testing on this and the best we can come up with is it depends on the area the Hiryu was tamed in originally. IE One I tamed right after SE over on the west coast of Isamu got to add Bushi. Another I tamed at around the same time but East of the ISamu moongate could not add bushi. @Donavon can explain it better than I. Anyway the pre pub ones that can't add bushi you can add something like Bladeweave to get what I call Fake Bushido on the pet, it won't use any bushi spells other than the BW move but can go to 120 bushido and parry and get the Bushido/Parry Bonus (No small thing) and have the added bonus of being a tanking Chiv pet. Drawback is it takes forever plus 6 days to raise bushi to 120 this way as the pet only gains in bushi when the spec move under bladeweave triggers. But IMO the Chiv/Bushi by BW/ parry Hiryu is one of if not the most powerful single target pets in the game once fully trained up, not so hot in mobs though as it does not get whirlwind and Enemy of one can get a pet in serious trouble fast in a diverse spawn.

ChelseyEvilElf and Donavon like this.
  17. celticus

celticus Visitor

This is awesome info : A super pet that will have Chiv, and BW, that includes AI in its group of moves, plus defensive moves? Plus stacking on top of parry. Interesting combo, but wonder about whether the programming of when these moves is responsive to the particular battle circumstance of whether the BW just spawns random moves? A unique way to add limited bushi moves to a chiv pet?

Thanks

18. celticus

celticus Visitor

Any recommendation on how to train Bushi and Chiv appreciated : Any methods to train faster?
    Thanks

19. Donavon

Donavon Journeyman

For Bush the slime pits just in the door of Underworld are very effective... for Chiv place your pet on a boat off the coast of haven and collect 3-4 ( no more then 4) to cast on him...and he will use nothing but chiv moves to remove the debuffs... if ya can discord your pet allow it to fall off right before whisper is up ..then redo it ..and you should go from 30 to 120 in less then a days time. . =^-^=

Tyrath and Swordsman like this.
  20. celticus

celticus Visitor

Thanks for the info..

21. celticus

celticus Visitor

Goo is fire damage AOE move..What makes it hit harder? INT? STR? Thanks for info again..

Donavon likes this.
  22. Donavon

Donavon Journeyman

Oddly enough even though its a ranged move and fire base.. The game considers it a melee based move.. Wrestle and tactics increase its damage % .. as their skill increases so will the damage of goo. =^-^=

Tyrath likes this.
  23. celticus

celticus Visitor

Thanks for info..

24. ChelseyEvilElf

ChelseyEvilElf Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

quick question,
    what did u put the regens at?

25. Tyrath

Tyrath Crazed Zealot

Typically set 20HPR 8-10 SR and 30MR and always remember to max base damage to 22 in the last round of training before going to finish and 5 slot :)

26. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Generally I typically do:
    20 HPR
    10 SR
    30 MR

Now some don't do stamina but I figure if ever in Fel with Push-through etc.... it probably wouldn't hurt. Never really know what changes might occur and some mobs can rob stamina...

Some say the "magic number for that is 9 but I like even numbers and since most all the moves your pet does require mana... 30 is a given... As for HPR well the less I have to heal and the greater that is the better chance my pet will live longer if I have to deal with other things and can't be there to heal it.

Tyrath likes this.
  27. Tyrath

Tyrath Crazed Zealot

10 is good unless you are doing a lot of pet ganking mobs that keep it beat down or really hard hitting bosses that keep it pounded down. If the build is specific for solo on those kinds of critters it is worthwhile to max SR but not a must have :)

28. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I agree but I don't generally do that...

Tyrath likes this.
  29. Tsadkiel

Tsadkiel Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

About bushido could someone explain why I find it on my sabertooth tiger ? It suddenly appeared while training. I thought it was reserved to Tokuno pets !

30. Tyrath

Tyrath Crazed Zealot

Did you add one of the spec moves or abilities that gave it *Fake* bushido?

31. Tyrath

Tyrath Crazed Zealot

LOL me either :) a lot of the time because I need a few more points somewhere else.

32. Please Dont

Please Dont Adventurer

I think mine gained bush after it disarmed a monster.

33. Tsadkiel

Tsadkiel Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Not at all, I let it as it was. Perhaps a bug....

34. Pawain

Pawain Grand Inquisitor

Saber-Toothed Tiger

They have Nerve Strike. That move requires Bushido. But, it is "fake bushido".

35. Tyrath

Tyrath Crazed Zealot

And Bushido does not show up until a bushi gain is made via the ability or spec move so makes it look like it just magically appeared in training.

36. Tsadkiel

Tsadkiel Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Understand now. Thanks Tyrath & Pawain

37. swampjumper

swampjumper Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Have tried the slimes to raise bush i must be doing something wrong no gains at all . Only way i am getting gains is by doing swoops is there any way that is more efficient and faster?

38. ChelseyEvilElf

ChelseyEvilElf Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

So im in the final training and i have the 120 bushido scroll in my pack but cant find it on the menu for scrolls only in the Magical Abilities section. Aren't I suppose to eat the scroll on my pet?

39. Merus

Merus Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Bushido is a Magical Ability. If you want to add it, that is the spot.