1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Can I make a go of this?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Adrahil, Jul 17, 2017 at 2:44 PM.

1. Adrahil

Adrahil Visitor

Hello All,
    I have been reading for weeks and learning a lot from your posts. So first off, thank you all! I just started back after quitting in the beginning of SE, so a lot has changed. I had to start a fresh Tamer as mine was lost in the abyss. I play on Chessy and I can tell you Power Scrolls of any kind on vendors are outrageously priced or non-existent. Can I tame and train something worth while to at least give this a proper go?

Taming 100
    Animal Lore 100
    Magery 100
    Med 100
    Music 105
    Peace 100
    Vet 100

Any help/advice would be appreciated!!

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

To start off with? Sure.. I mean I started off with nothing but two old drakes with low taming to build some gold up. I mean, you probably will not be doing high end stuff (peerless, roof etc) easily at that level and with those pets.... without a group that is.. But could build up enough gold to eventually snag 115 tame/lore and then work towards the higher end trained pets. Or maybe even be able to knock out a few low end spawns and hope the 115's drop.

20m and 7m for tame/lore is nuts imo :/ (yeah, I checked the prices on shard real quick)

3. Pawain

Pawain Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Get some 110s in each and use jewels. You can control everything, but it takes a while to tame stuff. The scrolls are not easy to find on all shards tho, you may need to make some friends to help ya.

The revamp wiped out all the scrolls associated with taming and pets. Or, I bought them all.

4. Adrahil

Adrahil Visitor

Great advice, thank you both!

5. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yw.. just be careful at 110/110 on some of the pets. A level 5 Naja does not listen too well at the 110 range.. so gotta watch their loyalty and feed them fairly often.

6. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Benefactor Treasure Hunters

Even at 115 taming, a level 5 beetle wouldn't listen very well...

7. Pawain

Pawain Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Always carry Scoobie Snacks.

upload_2017-7-17_16-40-52.png

Marquis de Sade 209 likes this.
  8. Merus

Merus Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I would suggest asking around for a few 110 scrolls and a level 1 taming primer. Any vets on that shard should be willing to spot you at least that to get you rolling.

Might be worth a post in the chessy forums as well.

9. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Governor Supporter Campaign Patron UWF

I would strongly suggest finding a way to obtain a 120 taming and lore for the template. Ask around and find someone who is doing shard transfers back and forth from Atlantic and ask them to bring you more reasonably priced 120's. Offset the points in your template against meditation and just make sure to get a suit with 20+ mana regen.

10. Khaelor

Khaelor Adventurer

What is your character name? We are on Chessy and have a surplus of animals we could help you out with. We can also get you some +13/+13/+13 imbued jewelry if you don't have any. Feel free to look for Violet or Khyro in game in the evenings, or ask in general. You can usually find us hanging around the Luna stables.

The current vendor price for 120 taming is a little ridiculous, but I know a lot of people don't put much on vendors. Ask around in General for what you are wanting to buy and a lot of times people will have it. I'll have to check if we have any taming/lore power scrolls later this evening.

Welcome back! :)

#10 Khaelor, Jul 17, 2017 at 7:31 PM
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 7:36 PM
  11. Adrahil

Adrahil Visitor

Thank you! You have all been really nice and helpful. My character's name is Nessira, I will stop Luna sometime and say hello!