1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't decode maps

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Maldar, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Maldar

Maldar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't know what happened but my T-hunter can't decode any maps today. I have 100 cart and a 17% cart tally (if that is really doing anything to bump it up) and today I am consistently getting the message: "You study the treasure map but need more time to attempt to decode."
    Anyone else having this problem? I was doing hoard maps just fine last night and now I can't even decode a stash map.

2. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

Buggy buggy..Hopefully will get the bugs fixed..

Maldar likes this.
  3. Maldar

Maldar Journeyman

It seems to be limited to the oldest maps in my table. They are probably 8-10 years old.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

it's what it says, needs time. I'm guessing before that message it said it was too long since you read it. It's re-setting with a new location. Wait a while and you'll be able to decode it. Unless, that is, you've already waited and still getting that message.

Maldar likes this.
  5. Maldar

Maldar Journeyman

I took them out of the table and put them in a chest. I'll try putting them back and let them be for a week.

6. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Treasure Hunters

A week may not be long enough. It takes 30 days to reset.

I have a small box I throw maps into that I don't want to dig, and take them back out when they're tattered again. I got one yesterday in the middle of the hedge maze, I decided I wasn't going to run around those hedges trying to kill beasts.

Maldar likes this.
  7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

no, no, you only need to wait a few minutes. After 30 days a map will revert to 'tattered' with a new location, but the new location only starts to set when you take it out of the locker, it needs a few minutes to set the new location that's all. We got the same message when we were getting maps off the clickys on test center for testing. Kyronix explained why there was a delay before we could read them.

Maldar likes this.
  8. Maldar

Maldar Journeyman

After server up, all the maps that I sat aside are now working.

celticus likes this.
  9. Nereus

Nereus Journeyman

I've had a couple maps which only decode when inside another container. When in the top level pack, it wouldn't decode.

Maldar likes this.