1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

[Archery] Champion Spawns and Nerfed Archers

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by zebesquefe, Jul 5, 2017.

1. zebesquefe

zebesquefe Visitor

Hello. I'm a relatively new player (i have only 33 months of few time per day of gameplay) and i was reading this forum and discovery that an archer can solo a champion spawn.

But my question is how? I doesn't understand how an archer can solo a CS.

I tried to find the post again that explains how to do it but i can't find it. I didn't find any video that show this in youtube too.

I read in a post in UHALL (Archer nurf went too far?) that the archer was nerfed and is missing a lot of shots after the last update but the Petra said that this nerf don't affect a her archer and he still soloing baracoon. So this nerf really affected the archers or not?

Sorry for my poor google translated english :p but if anyone can help me with these questions i would be grateful.

2. Deadly Serious

Deadly Serious Journeyman

Probably more of a nerf to pvp archers than pvm, just my assumption!

I used to roll archer in pvm I haven't done it a good while tho, I had access to all crafting and like melee gotta have a lot of weapons for every occasion. I'm extremely demanding on the templates tho and my preffered clearing of lvl 1-2 spawn was simply using the Chiv energy AoE instead of over relying on an AoE magical shortbow.

lvl 3+ spawns self explanitory really just kick ass with your slayer/super slayer comp bow, I didn't even roll the proper ABC archer I had a heavy chiv focused archer who could go samp (think i even had peacemaking too) with 4/6 fc/fcr but ofc with such a heavy focus in Chiv I could blast lvl 1's/2's extremely effectively. xD

Also if you are into crafting don't forget Whetstone, although if like making mega templates like I do fitting in damage increase outside of your weapon can be extremely demanding :p

zebesquefe likes this.
  3. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Master

Archers aren't nerfed in the slightest. Just use Hit Area and Momentum Strike then AI the champ to death, easy peasy.

zebesquefe likes this.
  4. Tectop

Tectop Journeyman

Sorry for lack of my knowledge but what is the Al on the champ?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. Tectop

Tectop Journeyman

It just came to me armor ignore thank you

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. Marquis de Sade 209

Marquis de Sade 209 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I use a chiv archer
    120 Archery
    120 Tactics
    120 Chiv
    120 Healing
    120 Anatomy
    120 Resist
    Use Holy Light for AOE run uo assist macro for healing and slayer bows with Area damage max mana and stamina leech and DI. Works well on most spawns but sometimes I have my necro mage clear the lower levels first