1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Author Wes Locher has teamed up with Stratics for a giveaway of his new book Braving Britannia. This book explores the history and impact of Ultima Online and includes interviews from current and past dev team members as well as many UO and Stratics community members. Click here for more details!
    Dismiss Notice

Client not working with WinXp Pro

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Skynar, May 11, 2010.

  1. Skynar

    Skynar Guest

    Never had any problems till I patched up to I have tried multiple reloads etc. but keep getting Client.exe errors. I can patch up to 6.0.14 and have no issues. Soon as i hit 7.x I start getting client.exe errors

    Any idears?
  2. Shamus Turlough

    Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

    May 19, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Gonna start with the rhetorical stuff. Have you scanned for viruses?

    Wulf2k knows more about procmon than I do, maybe he could pop in and show you how to use it to see if anything else is calling on the client.exe to make it crash.
  3. Skynar

    Skynar Guest

    Yea, but should point out it is a brand new clean install of Win Xp Pro sp3 that was all updated and patched. Next thing to load was UO

    its weird that I am find up to and through ver 6 but soon as i hit the 7 patch the client no longer functions.
  4. Mapper

    Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

    Oct 24, 2005
    Likes Received:
    I might be having similar issues with XP.

    Patcher screen loads up, I click Okay and the client doesn't even appear, I just get an error:

    It worked fine before this recent patch. Also, My Windows 7 PC is absolutely fine. :(

    This happens on both my XP machines, So it's clearly an XP issue.