1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Deco Problems

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Dramora, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Dramora

Dramora Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I recently customized my castle to Robin's Roost and am currently decorating.

I started decorating the bottom floor because I knew the design I wanted. However every time I try to place something on an upper floor, even two floors above, I keep targeting something on the bottom floor and can't place whatever I want to place.

Does anyone know a "work around" for this? It's totally frustrating! I don't want to have to move things to get things placed on the top floors.

Thanks!

ShriNayne likes this.
  2. Cyrah

Cyrah Slightly Crazed

I am also using Robin's and have decorated all over it. Never had your issue. Is there a parrot under you? That's the only idea i have so far.

3. Delores D

Delores D Journeyman

What do you have on the floor below where you are trying to place something? I know parrots can block. It may be something else. If it is a parrot or what ever remove that go back up a floor and place what you want there then go back down and replace what was blocking. Good luck.

4. Jennifer-Marie

Jennifer-Marie Adventurer

— This is an EC bug that has existed for years and years.

The only “work around” is to either move the storage containers/items on the floors below that your cursor is targeting or deco in Classic Client.

I play exclusively in EC - except for house customization and deco. Those two things, I have to log into Classic to do.

5. Dramora

Dramora Journeyman

I moved the containers below the area then moved them back when I finished. I never thought to use the classic to decorate those areas.

6. ShriNayne

ShriNayne Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I started getting this problem too, many weeks after I had decorated in Robin's Roost I decided to change the top corner of the roof, I picked everything up and couldn't put any of it back down again. The weird thing is I did the roof last, so the items below were always there, but now all I can target is them and not the roof floor. This is really frustrating.

7. Jennifer-Marie

Jennifer-Marie Adventurer

— Yeah, it’s not a constant bug. Sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn’t.

There are a few other EC glitches when it comes to deco (like sometimes not being able to place things against a wall, for example) that just make doing all deco in Classic less of a headache.