1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Author Wes Locher has teamed up with Stratics for a giveaway of his new book Braving Britannia. This book explores the history and impact of Ultima Online and includes interviews from current and past dev team members as well as many UO and Stratics community members. Click here for more details!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Hit Lower Defence stack?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Splup, Nov 2, 2008.

  1. Splup

    Splup Guest

    If you'r being hit many times Hit lower defence during the duration will it stack?

    I'm getting a feeling that it does, since when 2 dexers are hitting me, it seems that they are missing a lot less hits. Also when someone with very fast weapon is hitting me they are missing less swings.
  2. Sir Kenga

    Sir Kenga Guest

    Each hit with HLD renew timer.
  3. This is correct. There is an 8 second duration for HLD which gets reset anew to 8 seconds every time you're hit with it, so if you're already under the effects, the timer goes back to the full 8 seconds.
  4. Setnaffa

    Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

    Sep 13, 2004
    Likes Received:
    Straight from Stratics:

    "A weapon with Hit Lower Defense will have a percentage chance on each hit to lower the defensive capabilities of the target for a short time. The amount defense is lowered is equal to a Defense Chance Increase of -25. The effect lasts for about 5-10 seconds and is not cumulative."

    From UO.com:

    "A successful hit with this weapon lowers the defense rating of the target by 25% for 8 seconds against all attackers. There is no cap on HLD. HLD percentages are multiplied rather than added - for example, if you have two items, one with a 30% chance and one with a 50% chance, then that�s a 65% chance that the effect will fire on any given hit. The effect does not stack with itself, although additional effects will reset the duration."

    So it doesn't stack, but each time you are hit with it, the timer resets. You can see that the UO.com explanation has an error in it. The percentages are not multiplied. You actually have the equivalent of 2 checks. In their example, the first check is for 30%. The second check is 50% of the remaining 70% (35% chance). So the 30% plus the 35% gives you a 65% chance.