1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

EC not working after Windows Crash

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Finley Grant, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Finley Grant

Finley Grant Crazed Zealot
    Campaign Supporter

no something is wrong with EC
    as said thats the only thing which is not working.

well i guess there are other clients to use lol

2. Finley Grant

Campaign Supporter

1. running PC without any antivirus aint gonna happen i rather dont play uo

2. i only run ssd and m.2

3. no i wont give a 3 grand pc to a family member and buy another one -> i rather quit UO

:)

@MalagAste
    my EC was running fine for the last year or so till the latest patch from BS

3. Pawain

Pawain I Hate Skilling
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Your antivirus program thinks the EC is a virus. Can't disprove that until it is gone. Your computer does not get a virus from sitting idle or running UO.

Angel of Sonoma likes this.
  4. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

Sad to hear this. DID YOU TRY WHAT MSECHO SAID THO? I would try that also, its a simple fix, just rename that directory to a nonsense name and see what happens. She and another 1-2 people had the same issues with EC in the past. I think their posts are a few years old.

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I still strongly suggest you contact your AV provider and see if they can help you.

6. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

I got the solution

[​IMG]

Innoxicated and Finley Grant like this.
  7. Spartan

Spartan Lore Keeper

Okay ... I recall an issue I had years ago with CC. System wasn't crashing but UO would ... a lot!

I moved the game files (account, shard, character) out of the way, removed the client, defragged the drive and reinstalled. Sounds like what's going on so far? My mistake: moving the old data files back in. Turns out I had a corrupt UO.cfg and it was crashing my game. Once I replaced it with a copy from the main game folder, all things were fine.

I don't know the file layout for EC but I gotta think there's a corrupt data file (as opposed to a game file) somewhere. And that includes character data.

celticus likes this.
  8. Finley Grant

Campaign Supporter

@Pawain
    @MalagAste

that would be too simple. its not the AV as the uo exe file is ofc excluded from any threat protection

however thanks for the good recommendations

9. MalagAste

Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

You'd be surprised ... my av provider has fixed many an issue for me. It certainly seems as though it's having a serious issue with UO.

10. MissEcho

MissEcho Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

And then got the same problem. Still don't know if you actually did the file rename. If not then I guess we will not know if it would of worked as it did for me and Yadd.

11. Finley Grant

Campaign Supporter

as said
    @MalagAste EC is excluded from any AV actions

@MissEcho
    i did more testing, yes i moved everything away and yes it was also renamed,
    my current status is that it works with moved back data from my main account.

i did not had time to play much tho, lets see how it goes....

12. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

Looks like things are working again. This is a useful thread for others that may have similar issues with EC.

13. MalagAste

I thought I had excluded mine ... but NO it was attacking it anyway... which is why I contacted my AV provider and they fixed it for me... because obviously it was and the only way I found that out was by uninstalling the AV software and then running UO which ran fine without the AV ... just shutting off the AV software did nothing as it was still aggressively attacking UO... Uninstalling it showed that it was indeed stopping UO from working... despite me shutting it off...

I'm just saying it's worth a try.