1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghosts, champ spawns, exorcism

Discussion in 'UHall' started by chester rockwell, May 8, 2019.

1. chester rockwell

Stratics Veteran

With all the ghosts wandering around on a script, can we bring back the exorcism spell in necromancy to get rid of them? This ish is ridiculous.

2. Jennifer-Marie

Jennifer-Marie Adventurer

— The exorcism spell never went away? Scribes who already have an exorcism scroll in a Necro spellbook can craft them ... I have 1k currently sitting in a chest of spell scrolls at my crafting castle on GL.

3. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

He’s referring to them not working on players. The scroll has never changed yet the effect certainly has.

Spell originally teleported ghost to nearest shrine I believe? Would be nice if the spell worked again. Now when cast on a player what happens?

chester rockwell likes this.
  4. Adell of Catskills

Adell of Catskills Journeyman

Spell only designed to work in champ spawns. They get around it by camping outside entrances

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Acid Rain and chester rockwell like this.
  5. Keven2002

Keven2002 Journeyman

Does the spell actually work? I haven't actually tried to use in in years but I thought the last time I did there was a ghost right by the alter and I tried to use the spell but the ghost didn't move. I'm not sure if there are any requirements to it aside from casting so maybe I did it wrong but coulda sworn the spell didn't work regardless.

6. Great DC

Great DC Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It only works inside champ spawn areas, but since they have the auto kick out once your body decays you don't have time to cast it on ghosts. They set all the ghosts outside these areas and run their scripts so it doesn't matter. What needs to be done is make all dungeon areas including all of T2A and couple screens around entrances considered champ areas. Then all this nonsense will be resolved without them having to ban EJ after EJ acct.

7. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Maybe EJ accounts shouldn't be allowed in Champ Spawn areas period. It is funny however that its even worth it to monitor all this. Why not just do the spawn yourself? Is it really that difficult? I never understand the monitoring. Oh well.

Keith of Sonoma likes this.
  8. railshot

railshot Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Why do the spawn yourself, when you can wait for some trammie to do it, kill them and take the scrolls? It's double the fun.

9. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master

I've always thought the Exorcism spell should work anywhere, it takes care of two issues. Ghost cams outside of the dungeon entrances and people running scripts watching IDOCs in fel. The fact it already requires the corpse to have decayed prevents it being used as a way to grief newly dead people.

10. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

And there is exactly the reason this game is literally on life support from the golden era of 250k subscribers.

11. PageBoy

PageBoy Journeyman

Damn, another trammie whiner

12. Naitch

Naitch Journeyman

Plus the fact that the average age of the Uo player base is now over 80 years

Victim of Siege and PageBoy like this.
  13. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Hey I'm not that old yet! Give me a few dozen years... but no we are mostly approaching retirement... many of us.

Naitch likes this.
  14. chester rockwell

Stratics Veteran

Exorcism should work anywhere and everywhere in fel. This is a simple fix. GM's do the right thing here.

Acid Rain likes this.
  15. railshot

railshot Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'd say this is one of the important reasons. There is a number of other design decisions taken by the dev team over the years that would have surely killed any other game by now. UO is merely in a wheelchair, with an oxygen tank, and being pushed forward by a blind orderly with a limp.

celticus likes this.
  16. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

You forgot..the orderly is also VERY hard of hearing..

17. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

and exceedingly stubborn..

celticus and Uriah Heep like this.
  18. railshot

railshot Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The voices tell him where to go.

celticus likes this.
  19. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

And the voices also tell him to push the wheelchair with the UO on it into the pool? (Ahh I wish I had a pool..), and they also tell him to go round and round in circles?

20. chester rockwell

Stratics Veteran

Just want this towards the top cuz it's stupid as fudge to not have exorcism in fel

21. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

On uoguide.Com it says if you have a corpse inside the champ spawn area then u can't get exorcism, but I'm seeing ghosts running around champ spawn areas with no corpse in the entire spawning zone as the exorcism spell is being casted. On thing I noticed is when champ spawn is over and I re-enter spawn zone I get forced to shrine. So this spell needs to be looked at seeing it's the only one that purtains to only spawns. HELP DEVS!!!!!