1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Fishing template

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Beatress, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Beatress

Beatress Visitor

ann suggestions

2. Chazztizer

Chazztizer Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have same ? going to start my fisher again .............

3. Chazztizer

Chazztizer Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So Beatress I am going to try
    120 fish
    120 mager
    120 eval
    120 resist
    120 stealth
    100 hiding ( can hiding go to 120? and is it needed for stealth in the dungeons)
    potions filling my bag, I have an able alcoholic,,,,,,,,,,,,,, alchemist
    Also I read here vollems are good. do you need taming for those?

maybe we can get a reply :>)

4. Falcon

Falcon Visitor

I've been watching this thread for a while hoping someone who has actually played a fisherman would post a good template. I think I am going to try this:

120 Fishing
    100 Hiding
    80 Stealth
    120 Mysticism
    120 Focus
    120 Spellweaving
    60 Magery

If anybody has input as to whether or not this is likely to be a good template, please let me know. :)

5. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

An Archer with fishing using a Horselord Bow Elemental Slayer and Reptile Slayer with %50 DI

6. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison / Forum Moderator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

You really need to add what else you will be doing with this character to get a good response. If you are only fishing up MIBs and fishing them up the chests, you need very little other than 120 fishing. This my template to just fish for and up MIBs. I also do fishing trade orders but nothing is needed other than magery for that.

Fishing 120
    Magery 100
    Med 100
    Focus 100
    Eval 100

I equip a snake slayer spellbook (you can also use a reptile super slayer but more expensive and tougher to find) for the sea serpents and deep sea serpents and cut them down like nothing with e-bolts. Water els are easy too though you can bring a water el slaying spellbook or elemental slayer.

I don't need anything else and have nothing else on this character because that is all I use him for. Nothing needs to be above GM other than fishing and even then you don't need 120 fishing. I only have it for the trade orders which I rarely do anymore. If you intend on using the character for anything else, you need to state it. A plain fisherman is a super easy and small compact temp so I most likely others were waiting to see what else you were going to use it for.

I have my thief scout out areas in dungeons that are safe fishing spots and then mark runes so hiding and stealth are not necessary for my fisher. Taming is not needed for vollems.