1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Governor Elections

Discussion in 'UO Baja' started by Turkish, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Turkish

Turkish Adventurer

How do the elections work? Do current governors need to nominate themselves to be reelected? or do current governors automatically roll over into the election?

I ask because the town I am a citizen of has a great trade deal, and I'd love to vote for them again to maintain such leadership. :)

If a town has no governor, is the trade deal lost? All of this is quite new to me in my return!

2. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Certifiable
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

Hey Turkish. There's a lot to this program so I thought it would be easiest for you to read the wiki article on it. If you have questions after reading up ask away!
    Edit:
    I forgot to add the link:
    Britannia Loyalty and Councils – Ultima Online

#2 Amber Witch, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  3. Turkish

Turkish Adventurer

Thanks Amber! My only remaining questions are:

As an example, Chareos is governor of Minoc. If Chareos does not nominate himself, (and if no one else nominates themselves) does the Governor position go empty?

And if the governor position goes empty, does the trade deal reset to nothing?

I didn't see the answers in the Wiki. Sorry if I just overlooked it!

4. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Certifiable
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

If no one is nominated, either self nominated or nominated by someone, then the position remains empty. If, after the election period is over, someone decides they're interested they can speak to the EM (King Blackthorn) and He/She can decide to grant them the title of Governor. If you want to RP it you can always attend the Gov's meeting and beg an audience and state your interest. Or if that doesn't float your boat you can email, call out in GC, get hold of EM Obsidian and state your interest. As far as I know no one has ever been denied.

Trade deals - If the Governor has the stone option set to manual they have to renew the trade deal every week. So if there is no Governor to set up the trade deal then it doesn't reset, there will be no active trade deal. Now, with the recent pirate cargo bonus for the cities, many cities have gold in their coffers so the Governors aren't stressing the gold situation and can use the auto renew option. If there is no new Governor then the last trade deal that was set will renew until changed or the city runs out of gold.

Good questions!

Respectfully,
    AW

Turkish likes this.
  5. Turkish

Turkish Adventurer

Great, thanks for that thorough answer. I don't actually have interest, unless it is needed to help keep the trade deals running, haha. I will also be gone again for 2 months leading some mountaineering courses out west, so I wouldn't be online for a while.

6. Laura_Gold

Laura_Gold Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It looks like Vesper is going without.