1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Guidance Needed: Corpse Skin + Beetle [rune corrpution]

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by SpellBreaker, Oct 22, 2018.

1. SpellBreaker

SpellBreaker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Greetings,

Can we get some feedback on building a beetle for its rune corruption skill as a central piece for a characters stacking corpse skin on top of that.

If anyone wants to take it from the beginning for persons that knows very little about the current training / building of a beetle many new tamers might find this informative.

What we would like to know is
    1. which type of beetle in your experience do you like to build up and why
    2. what skills do you like to build and is there an order that we should follow
    3. what power scrolls
    4. what point spending have you found most useful
    5. is it possible to have the beetle sustain its own life or make it super tanky

We realize there may be many ways to go about doing this so we appreciate any information our willing to share.

Frederick

2. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lore Master

1. Well the only beetle that would work well with corpse skin would be the fire beetle. Corpse skin increases damage for fire/poison, and decreases for physical/cold damage. Giant beetle is 100% physical, so using corpse skin with giant beetle would be detrimental. Rune beetle is mostly energy damage.
    2. Armor ignore, rune corruption, poison. (in that order)
    3. The main scrolls you'll need/want is 120 wrestling, parry, magic resist. 105 tactics or better if you can get it. Scrolls for meditation and focus are nice if you can get them but don't make a very big difference.
    4. As for point spending, made sure to max base damage, 150 stamina/dex, Max strength. Max mana regen, HP regen, 5 stamina regen. Set the resists how you want them recommend either 80/80/45/80/80 or 80/75/70/70/70.
    5. Tanky? Well maxing HP regen and getting high HP on it as well as 120 scrolls for wrestling/parry/magic resist will help it be tanky.

#2 SouthPaw, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
    SpellBreaker likes this.
  3. Pawain

Pawain I Hate Skilling
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Old but nothing has changed. A Giant Beetle

Choose AI/Rune Corruption then decide if you want to also add poison.

Fire Beetle does 100% Fire damage. Giant does 100% Physical damage.
    Make one of each.

You add the same thing you add to any pet on the first round.

Dex/Stam 150
    Set Resists how you want. 80/80/?/?/80 is best.
    Mana Regen to Max
    HP Regen to max
    Anything left goes to STR Mana HP

Train it again. It will get 50% per mage. Should be done in 20 minutes if someone helps you kill the mage.

Post the stats and tell us what you want to add and we can tell you where to put the next points.

My Fire Beetle:
    upload_2018-10-22_15-13-56.png

SpellBreaker likes this.
  4. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

1. Fire Beetle. It deals 100% Fire Damage which far more mobs are weaker to, and Corpse Skin will boost it's damage output even further. A Giant Beetle or Frost Mite would have it's damage reduced by Corpse Skin.
    2. AI, Rune Corruption, and if you want, Poisoning.
    3. 120 Wrest is a must. Anything else is optional.
    4. Fire Beetles have a pretty simple build. First, naturally raise their DEX to 125 (which is easy to do with Spectral Spellbinders). Then give them 678 STR and 150 DEX. Base Damage 24-33. 30 MR. 10+ SR. I personally go with 80/80/65/60/80 for Resists.
    5. Beetle's don't self heal. HPR is your best bet.

SpellBreaker likes this.
  5. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lore Master

They are the biggest pain in the butt to level up at 1 slot, but once you get it to 5 slots they're pretty awesome. Best of luck to you!

SpellBreaker likes this.
  6. SpellBreaker

SpellBreaker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Wow! you folks are fantastic! Thanks for sharing your experience and techniques.

4 Slot Fire Beetle + Dark Wolf Necro Spell -
    From what I understand, after my pet is bonded I can remove taming/lore and then summon a dark wolf to control the bonded (fire beetle) pet. Assuming that is true, is there any tips on a 4 slot beetle build and what I would be sacrificing to pull that off?

Frederick

7. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lore Master

4 slots pets are substantially weaker than 5 slot pets because you cannot max base damage. If you remove taming/lore the beetle will not obey you and eventually go wild. You cannot use dark wolf on a beetle.

SpellBreaker likes this.
  8. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Dark Wolves only function for taming canine like creatures. Dogs, Wolves, Bake Kitsunes, Cu Sidhes? (i believe they recently changed this).

9. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Lore Master

Dark wolf doesn't work on Cu's or Tsuki wolves or hell hounds. They nerfed it some time ago. It's not a very good ability any more and certainly not worth running around with a 4 slot pet with.

SpellBreaker likes this.
  10. SpellBreaker

SpellBreaker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks folks!

I was considering trying to attempt to build a corpse skin dexer and have my pet hit em with the Rune Corruption and take that fire resist way down.... then stabs em out until the boss was dead. This is why I was hoping there was a way to run a 4 slot + Dark Wolf. Im so happy folks here took the time to share information and advice.

That would be a lot of points to have a dexer with 5 slot beetle.....

Be blessed,
    Frederick

11. brave sir robin

brave sir robin Visitor

Just gotta run taming and lore. No vet. Weapon tactics bushido chiv.