1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Author Wes Locher has teamed up with Stratics for a giveaway of his new book Braving Britannia. This book explores the history and impact of Ultima Online and includes interviews from current and past dev team members as well as many UO and Stratics community members. Click here for more details!
    Dismiss Notice

Had a weird dream...

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Spellbound, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was alone, sitting on a log in a forest-scaped area of UO eating sauerkraut and brat hotdogs. Out of nowhere, a steroid muscled oversized white rabbit with one bright green front foot was hopping right to me. He sat down right in front of me looking like a white chocolate bunny,escept for his one foot. I was scared but I didn't take flight, and tried giving him a piece of my bratdog. He just remained sitting and staring at me like I was the crazy one!

"In Mani Ylem!" I chanted many times, to find raw meat, sausage, muffins, grapes (surely rabbits like grapes?); and each offering was shunned. I tried using my taming skill..."you have no chance to tame that creature". BAH. Why can't I make carrots or lettuce? "In Mani Ylem" i repeated with wishful determination. In my pack i found a clover leaf. I held the morsel out to the statuesque rabbit and he gently nibbled it from my outstretched hand. He held out his green paw to me. I carefully and softly carressed it. Suddenly, there was an explosive flash of white light and green sparks.

When I came to and could see and think again, I realized the rabbit was gone, but there in the grass where he had been sitting remained a tiny four leaf clover with 3 white leaves and one bright green leaf and stem. I picked it up and clicked it..."You have been granted 10,000 luck for a day"! Wow, that is some serious lucky rabbit's foot mojo. I have to go do the roof right now...and I awoke!

While the dream was neat, I am now wishing that we could have pets with high innate luck on them, or as something we can add in the training progression. If the luck from pets would work in tandem to the pet owner or party, that might add to making better loot drops for tamers, or aid crafters gathering resources? What do you folks think? @Kyronix

#1 Spellbound, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Donavon and Amber Witch like this.
  2. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

If I were a dev I'd make it happen, even if just for a short period of time, because of the creative way in which you asked.
    :heart:

Caitlyn Snow likes this.
  3. Tabby Kapak

Tabby Kapak Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor

Literally LOL-ed at your crazy dream! Sounds like a bit too much UO when it creeps into your dreams like that! :p It does sounds like a nice idea to have a special reason to use such a pet. How or what however, tricky.

4. celticus

celticus Lore Master

Some of the coolest discoveries have happened just like that. That sounds like a brilliant idea, the concept of luck on pets, and then the question of training luck on pets?:love:

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I'd like to know where you got a picture of my new kitten?

[​IMG]

Pawain and Spellbound like this.
  6. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Awwwww, heart melting adorable! A pic of mine when it was a young thing, an abandoned roadside rescue by my niece and her friend. Pets like these make me feel lucky in real life!

18369.jpeg

Pawain likes this.