1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever done a guide to Governorship?

Discussion in 'Governors' Forum' started by Basara, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I'm new to the job (my mage Mylene is governor of LA's Britain), and was curious about a few things...

Is the "office" cottage useful for anything? (other than announcing that I am sitting in the chair)
    What are the items in the stone for?

2. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron Event Coordinator

The office is just a place. The only special thing it does is the seat only allows the governor to sit there. Otherwise it's no more or less useful than any other building in your city.

The city stone acts as a mailbox of sorts for the governor. People drop items on the character standing at the stone and the are stored "in" the stone. Only the governor can open it.

Jaden Rain likes this.
  3. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Supporter Campaign Patron UWF

Jaden Rain likes this.
  4. Jaden Rain

Jaden Rain Lore Keeper

So how does one get Governor banner On startics? Once you have become Governor?

5. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Supporter Campaign Patron UWF

There should be a sticky in UHall where you can request it be added to your account. You can also discuss with Riyana.

6. Zalan

Zalan Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Governors:
    - You can set trade deals
    - You can grant Titles to citizens of your town.
    - You can write a message on your towns bulletin board.

Those are the basic powers of the Governor, beside the option of participating in the council meeting.

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Try this, Frarc wrote it at my behest when it was my role to do such things The Governor - Old Stratics

8. Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Is nothing more than an RP tool, you have no power whatsoever in anything.....
    Best you can get out of being Gov, is making your own events and working alongside your shard EM to create events and say stuff at them
    Depending, how open your EM is, he can let you have good amounts of RP and make crazy stories..... I am about to Kidnap another Gov but dont tell anybody.... LOL

Alira Drakrul likes this.
  9. Alira Drakrul

Alira Drakrul Seasoned Veteran

I regularly use the office for RP related meetings. For non-rpers, its just a cool chair that only you can use.