1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Author Wes Locher has teamed up with Stratics for a giveaway of his new book Braving Britannia. This book explores the history and impact of Ultima Online and includes interviews from current and past dev team members as well as many UO and Stratics community members. Click here for more details!
    Dismiss Notice

He slimed me

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Prince Caspian, Jan 6, 2009.

  1. I was over at the Ilsh Valor Champ Spawn, and it was the Vermin Horde.

    Barry was up, and a bunch of peeps were working him. I noticed his health bar was down to around 1/15... so I figured basic etiquette ruled that I shouldn't join at the last minute and rob others of the chance they worked for, for the arty. So I wander off and start smashin' hellhounds and such. Didn't launch arrow 1 at Barry.

    Well, when they chop him down, I got a slime statue in my backpack. I am a bit confused -- I thought I had to damage 1/10 of the Champ's health to be considered for an arty...? Or does it just drop people who are working the spawn?
  2. controlfive

    controlfive Guest

    only in UO...

  3. How many champ spawns are at llsh
    Dang I just thought their was the Oaks one.
  4. Theres two more. The Humility Spawn, in the jungle to the north of the Humility Gate, and the Valor Spawn, in the jungle West-Southwest of the Valor Gate.
  5. RichDC

    RichDC Guest

    There are 4 in ilsh...

    2 at spirituality (oaks) and inside twisted (glade)
    1 at Humility (random pop but not oaks)
    1 at valour(random pop but not oaks)
  6. Frarc

    Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

    Mar 18, 2003
    Likes Received:
  7. Yalp

    Yalp Guest

    *says things under breath that are unfit to print*

    40 spawns and counting.. 3 lousy SOT's and more deathrobes than I can count.. and all I have to do is show up for the end of the spawn and hit a hell hound on the head?!?!? Yeah.. I'm really jazzed about UO now and am gonna go out and get all my friends to come play... .. NOT!

    ** If I have a 90% chance of getting SOMETHING and a 10% chance of getting NOTHING.. what's that math on 40 spawns and NOTHING?.....
  8. Noobish Noob

    Noobish Noob Guest

    This is a funny thing. I know several people who have marginally worked the spawn, not damaged the champ at all (sometimes protector, sometimes not) and they get the drop. Meanwhile I am killing everything in sight and getting the skull. I am starting to believe the the damage list is inverted and the arty goes to the guy who does the least damage and he gets the better chance then the top damager. You laugh, but I have done over 40 champs without so much as a wiff of an arty drop. Would a bug in the code really be surprising?
  9. RichDC

    RichDC Guest

    Please show me the link that says you have 90%chance???

    IT doesnt exist!!!

    The sots drop on that RNG thing sometimes you get lucky...we got 8 scrolls of one spawn go figure?!?

    The arties drop at a 30%chance of something (from the sound of your whining you do them in tram) as i said in a previous post that means there is a 30%chance that 1person working a spawn out of what 10 minimum gets the drop

    this then means you have a 10% chance of getting the 30%chance of getting the drop which if quick math serves means you have about a .6%chance of getting an arty.

    I feel your pain on that one NOOB but honestly our guild champs daily and id say the drop rate is about right and i am certain damage doesnt have much to do with it...i think thats sheer luck who gets that %chance
  10. Yalp

    Yalp Guest

    my math may be off.. but this is the figure Regine put in her post from the link above...

    10% chance of no reward
    10% chance of the boss specific reward
    45% chance of a decorative reward
    35% chance of a shared reward

    If i have 10% chance of NO reward... does that mean I have a 90% chance of SOME reward? And the chance percentage of each type of reward is variable?

    As I've said before.. I do champs in Fel, Ilsh and Tok. I start the spawn, I come in the middle of the spawn, and I've come at the end of the spawn. I've used a tamer with various pets, a fencer/ninja and a Bard. I've done them with as few as 3 people, and as many as a dozen.
  11. RichDC

    RichDC Guest

    I know see where your confusion comes in...


    Check that link of the actual patch notes.

    All will be explained
  12. No it doesnt.
    Its not divide into 4 pies and spun like the game twister.

    separate roles.

    Role 1
    10% no reward AND 90% for a possible chance of a reward.

    Then there are several things that can happen
    3 more roles for each one but with chance of scoring 3 misses.

    Etc etc
    But it is definately not 90% for a reward.
  13. GalenKnighthawke

    GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

    May 12, 2008
    Likes Received:
    That was changed. The Publish notes have the correct percentages, which is basically 30% for something.

    Oh and as for getting the reward....There are confirmed reports that you can get a reward by only hitting the spawn, or by only hitting the champ.

    You just have the best odds if you do both. Which makes sense.

    -Galen's player
  14. Yalp

    Yalp Guest

    then it's not actually 10% for NO reward like Regine said?
  15. RichDC

    RichDC Guest

    If you read the link i posted of the patch notes...

    Never mind ill paste it:

    Drop rate of rewards set to an overall 30% chance, as follows:
    5% Unique reward
    15% Decorative reward
    10% Shared reward
  16. Yalp

    Yalp Guest

    Yet I repeatedly hit BOTH the spawn and the champ and have gotten nothing... Wish I had that kind of favoritism from the UO gods!
  17. GalenKnighthawke

    GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

    May 12, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Yeah, the UO RNG is sometimes not unlike a cruel, pitiless, violent, and very random god.

    Crom on crystal meth.

    -Galen's player
  18. I did the Gauntlet weekly for 4 months before I got my first drop.

    A month later, a newbie joins our group, and gets TWO drops, including a Jackal's Collar, on his first time out.

  19. I've had my best drops at the Oaks spawn in Ilshenar. Not many people seem to be there and if you can get another good person with you, (I was a disco tamer with a greater, she a tamer mage with a cu), you can do the spawn with 2 people. Took about an hour with the 2 of us, but out of 6 or so spawns, I've had a dirt patch on the corpse, a couple of scrolls, and a wind spirit and animated water rock tile. I do work the spawn from start to finish though. I've also done Valor and Humility spawns with groups and only had one drop of a replica, and a few S>O>T's... different characters used. I get my best results when just a few people are there.
  20. walter_mitty

    walter_mitty Guest

    ive gotten a few artys and sots and some 120s
    i just want to say thanks to the devs for such a great event im glad its going to remain :)