1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Author Wes Locher has teamed up with Stratics for a giveaway of his new book Braving Britannia. This book explores the history and impact of Ultima Online and includes interviews from current and past dev team members as well as many UO and Stratics community members. Click here for more details!
    Dismiss Notice

Hit Lower Defense and Defense Chance Increase

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Farsight, May 5, 2011.

  1. Farsight

    Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    May 12, 2008
    Likes Received:
    General advice goes like this:
    "Always have HLD on your suit/weapon."
    "Always have extra DCI on your suit to counter DCI."

    Now, my PvP is about 95% RP-PvP in Trammel (The other 5% comes from being raided at spawns), so my targets are differently equipped than those in Felucca, so I have the following observation:

    If everyone has extra DCI, then having extra HLD on your weapon and headgear would be a waste of mods. (I actually have no HLD on my archer at all, and my samurai only uses mace and shield glasses for PvM and doesn't go to Felucca at all)

    Of course, that assumes that everyone listens to good advice.

    So the question is, do most people actually have that extra DCI to counter the HLD?
  2. Lavits

    Lavits Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

    Jun 3, 2010
    Likes Received:
    It really depends on the character template if the person has the room for the extra dci. My throwback PvP mage runs the extra dci to counter hld. But also has the extra poison and fire resist to counter corpse skin. But then my mystic/mage doesnt. Most people imho runs the normal 45% dci maybe a little extra but not max. Give it a try keep 2 weapons one with hld and the other a mod of your choice and see if notice an increase in the amount of tmes you hit your target
  3. Lynk

    Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

    May 13, 2008
    Likes Received:
    It really depends, on the PvP characters I've made recently all of them run with 70 DCI.

    Characters I made before imbuing that I haven't re-fitted run with 45.

    It is best to run with HLD on a dexer.