1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

House customization problem...help!

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Morganne, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Morganne

Morganne Visitor

I placed a tower on the test server and converted it to a customizable house. I didn't encounter any problems and got everything designed just the way I want it. Now I'm ready to start building for real on my home shard, but when I converted my tower to a customizable plot I instantly ran into a problem. My understanding is that all of my stuff is supposed to go into a moving crate. Some of it did...and some of it is still scattered everywhere. Even doors are still standing in odd places. All of this stuff is in the way now, and I'm not sure what to do with it. Anyone else have this issue? If so, how do I resolve it? Is this a bug or did I do something wrong? I went into building mode and tried to "delete" the doors with no success.

House Conversion Issue.jpg

2. TheGrimReefer

TheGrimReefer Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just build your house. As you build, if a wall is placed where an item is, the item will go into crate. If you want to put everything in crate, just place walls on each tile, commit to design, then customize again and delete the walls to build the house.

3. Morganne

Morganne Visitor

I did place some walls over the large cabinet, but it didn't go away, maybe because I didn't commit. I'll try to just ignore them and design over top for now. Will let you know how it works out. Thanks for responding!

4. Caerbannoc

Caerbannoc Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, the best way to clean it up is put corner pieces in all times on all three floors the Commit it. Then go back in and clear the design and commit again.

If there is anything left, you can single click it and "retrieve" the item

5. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

sometimes the doors are just ghost images. logout and close your client.

DevilsOwn likes this.
  6. Morganne

Morganne Visitor

Thanks for all your suggestions! I successfully built the new house today. Some of the items disappeared when I finally hit commit, but others persisted. One of the bookcases was trapped under the staircase and I had to go back into building mode, remove the stairs, commit, New House.jpg release the item, rebuild the stairs, and commit again. Very odd.

Now that the structure is in place, its time to unpack. This could take a while. : )