1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

How to solo Roof Encounter (VIDEO)

Discussion in 'UO Time of Legends' started by polanco, Oct 15, 2015.

1. BearCorpse

BearCorpse Adventurer

Hi sirion. My weapons no need DI, because my suits have 100% DI.
    You can see my suits at

Dismount is no effect on him.

Riyana and railshot like this.
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Good to know.

3. sirion

sirion Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thank you for taking the time walking through all your setting in English interface. Very appreciated.

So with 45 HCI and only 20 DCI and 60 Parrying and zero Hit Lower Attack, it is amazing to see the bosses rarely touch you.

Well done, Sir, I found new inspiration in UO :grin:

Riyana and DJAd like this.
  4. Legendary Rick

Legendary Rick Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yea this is some crazy stuff, so im curious i have herd that having 120bush with like 60-80parry works better then 120/120, im curious since you suit is built a very specific way with really high resists and only 20dci does this way of making a sampire skills/suit work better for everything in the game like Champ spawns as well? Like basically 120bush 60parry 100-115chiv with fast casting im guessing, and 75.75.75.72.79 resists works better then all 70s 120bush 120parry 71 chiv? Or did u build this sampire specifically for this encounter? Cause it is amazing to see how little u get hit physical damage when i go on my sampire all 70s, 120bush 120 parry 80anat 76chiv (no resist) i get destroyed by their casting, and i seem to get sooo much more spawn when im soloing it, in your 1st vidoe seems like you got only 2-3 lvls of spaw per boss max almost, is there a trick or to do something to get less spawn? But i gotta give it up its really amazing vidoes u making it look so easyyyy, especially the 2nd vidoe with the bard you killed the mage in like less or 5min, and how did u get these double strikes for 110+ ea you seem to connect sooo much more is it have to do with how you temp built with 45hci 20dci 120bush 60 parry?

5. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

This has been patched since he made the videos (probably because he made the videos).o_O

Its much harder now & probably not possible to solo this any longer on these templates(dexers w/ double axes).
    The damage players do has been lowered and other mechanics appear to be changed or just missing entirely.

Looks like the nerf stick got used on the roof after BearCorpse showed the DEVs how weak their encounter was.:lol:
    Hope everyone farmed the crap out of it before they changed it. :)

#55 Acid Rain, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  6. drcossack

drcossack Crazed Zealot

Are you kidding? It's still pretty weak if you know what you're doing. In fact, I would even say it's STILL possible to solo it. Although the loot from it sucks now. Quantity is still there, but the quality is lacking. Any confirmation on this, @Kyronix?

7. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

Yea, I guess I should of been more clear. You can still solo it but it takes ALOT longer on the roof then his vid.
    Not sure if its really worth the time compared to just going with a friend or two.

I was just in there earlier running solo. Sure looks like its been patched to me.
    Anon alone took me almost 20mins.

8. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

If anyone is curious.... here is the lore info.
    Anon was lored in elemental form (the stone form looking one).
    Ozymandias cant be lore as he is human.

ROOF BOSSES.jpg

Metal Head and jopromol like this.
  9. drcossack

drcossack Crazed Zealot

Yup. Juonar goes down to 16% across the board with disco. He's ridiculously easy. I *think* I've seen lower cold resist on Virtuebane, but it isn't that much lower - maybe 1 point? Him and Anon are definitely the worst of the 4 though, and I've even brought a White Wyrm JUST to deal with Virtuebane more quickly (plus a Nightmare, which speeds things up on Juonar.) You can also bring a Rune Beetle, which I might try again later this week (when I last tried it, it hadn't helped too much with Virtuebane)

Honestly, I'd love to have a 100% Cold dmg version of a greater dragon. Maybe a Greater White Wyrm?

10. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

Anon isn't that hard, he just takes to long. Virtuebane isn't bad as all. I killed him in just over 10mins my 1st try.
    Ozymandias tho.... he gives me problems on my dexer.

Tamable Frost Dragons? I wanted one of those the first time I saw it as lvl 7 t-map spawn years ago.

Keith of Sonoma likes this.
  11. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

You and me and probably every tamer there is. I only wish I could have such a lovely creature. As well as Shadow Wyrms and Fairy Dragons and Ancients.

12. NuSair

NuSair Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

This is why I don't post anything as far as tactics or how to do things openly on boards anymore.

And then there are those other stealth changes that they will acknowledge and won't explain.

del55 and Acid Rain like this.
  13. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

Couldn't agree more. I only posted the lore info b/c at this point it doesn't matter & was trying to help those that found the nerf troublesome to finishing the encounter :) .

drcossack and NuSair like this.
  14. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

No changes were made to Shadowguard in Pub 91.

15. NuSair

NuSair Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If it's beta testing, that's different. But, to stealth change things, to sit back and read what people are posting and then just change stuff and not comment. Lame.

16. drcossack

drcossack Crazed Zealot

Really? My experiences say otherwise. A few days before Pub 91, I pulled multiple legendary artifact drops per roof run. Now I get maybe 2. It hasn't been repeated over, say, 50 runs, so it's a small sample size and means absolutely nothing, but the amount of legendary drops since Pub 91 has been consistent. The quantity is still fairly high though.

True. After nearly two months, I would imagine everyone has figured out how to do it easily, if they've spent any time there. Some of us have made it much easier than others though. ;)

Acid Rain likes this.
  17. del55

del55 Sage

probably i have the most powerful samphire in the game and there is clearly no way to solo this anymore. because sometimes u miss 10-14 times in a row . (especially against ozymandias and anon) discordance is must.

18. del55

del55 Sage

i have 120 bushido, 120 swords, 100 tactics, 100 resist, 100 necro, 100 parrying, 85 chival, 80 anatomy on my samphire.

if u guys say that 60 parry really works i am planning to lower parry to 60 and increase 20 anatomy and 20 chival.

i wanna hear your opinions.

@BearCorpse
    @Smurf

#68 del55, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  19. Cocaine1

Cocaine1 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I beleve few changes been done (before, after or instead of some Pub)
    1) Ozymandias got great bonus in war skill or bushido/parry or all of them.
    2) Spawn rate of boss support group become more random and increased in avarage rate.

20. BearCorpse

BearCorpse Adventurer

Please don't tell us lie. First video in this thread, you can watch Ozymandias hasn't used sword and he didn't parry so much.
    Some days later he started using sword. 2nd video that I posted, You can watch Ozymandias has used sword. His sword form parries so much.
    This is why I could hit him much in first video.

By the way, I feel there is too much tier in the Bar encounter.Spawning fourth bored us."三つで十分ですよ"
    20071225210506.jpg

Herp!, MalagAste and del55 like this.
  21. BearCorpse

BearCorpse Adventurer

After one is same as one of my sampire template. 100 anatomy gives 15% more DI than 80 anatomy.100 chival gives 13% damage bonus "enemy of one" than 85 chival.
    I recommend having more chival if you can. Number of monsters have high wrestling increased, it made perfection nerf.High chival "enemy of one" helps dealing damage so good.

All ML bosses ware buffed their wrestling 130+.They have equal wrestling even Lady Melisande who has -60 HCI debuff.
    That's nice balance update.It must be scintillation of genius.
    lie.png

#71 BearCorpse, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    Herp! and del55 like this.
  22. Herp!

Herp! Journeyman

I believe this is randomized honestly. While I do agree, three is enough, I've had 1 run that was 4 tier and then the next day I did this and it was a 3 tier. Could possibly also be that the bosses are randomized in a ridiculous way? With wrestling ranges from 130-300? Sadly, my 2 man group couldn't get much of the roof done because we were NOT prepared. But this may be a possibility, not to say Kyronix is completely being honest that nothing changed, but it's possible that nothing "changed" being that they just increased the ranges of the allowed wrestling they can spawn with, or they just accidentally had a 0 where there was meant to be a 1 and all of a sudden the encounter is actually active the way it was meant to be. Not a change at all, just a quick woopsie fix.

It does seem Ozy changed, but it's very possible this was just luck the first(few) runs you did that he never pulled out his sword. Typically AI changes weapons VERY slowly because erm... hard to code?(not really). So it's possible that you ran out of range just in the time frame he was deciding to change weapons, and when he did a range check, saw you were more than 1 tile away, and stayed using a bow.. I could be completely wrong, the only way to really test this is to have a stop watch and only run in every x amount of seconds, joust fighting Ozy, and find the time frame that he does range checks to avoid that sword swap. Or just have a human tanking Ozy from 2 tiles away just eating damage with healers while tamer pets eat him. Both ways are very unreliable though, because the range check could just be if anything 0-1 tiles away; use sword and attack closest target.

Just a thought... I'd have to actually see the code for the encounter and each individual mob to tell you times and how it works, and none of us have access to that... that I know of. Not to protect anyone or say anyone is right or wrong, just a thought that I had while reading this. I've been subbed to Corpse on youtube for over a year & been subbed to UO on and off for 18 years and I don't play favorites, I know from being on certain game master crews & a part of 1 dev team(other games), they just can't always be allowed to tell you exactly what is going on in the encounter... even if that means saying "nothing changed" when something clearly did. There were 10s of WoW encounters that were changed WHILE people were actively doing them on production servers. GMs sat watching us, saw we beat it too easily, changed the boss so next time we went in our strat no longer worked... And they could never tell us what changed..

23. Val

Val Journeyman

the best team for the roof, sampire and bard, 30-40 minutes roof,50-60 all the rooms for the keys, tiers are randomized!!! i have some videos, how we do roof
    ivan yudin

24. Val

Val Journeyman

by the way,I am convinced that for a quick kill Anon and Ozymandi need 120 chivalry, because honor is useless missed too much

#74 Val, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  25. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend

I would say two tamers. Me and my guild mate try and do it every other day and can now do the roof in about an hour. If our other friend comes with another GD + bard skills it's even shorter.
    At first I was using a sampire but I didn't like all the spawn. With tamers it's far less hassle and I can't pretty much sit there drinking my coffee and eating.

I usually take a GD and he has a beetle + mare.

26. Merus

Merus Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I have been using a beetle/tiger combo in our group. Having a greater to tank is a big help and the specials from the beetle/tiger on top of disco seem to make a difference.

Zalan and DJAd like this.
  27. Brom Thunderstone

Brom Thunderstone Journeyman

Whetstones to remove di and 100% from gear this allows an extra mod on your weapon

28. del55

del55 Sage

i have tested dci and low parry.

i never suggest that u go parry below 80 and 40 dci. u are a meat shield when u do it.

29. Val

Val Journeyman

45 dci 70 parry its ok for pvm, with 120 bush and 70 parry i have 25% block with 2he, but 90+ parry will be better, block chance 31% with 2h weapon
    But,i have 70 parry and 50 EP, and dont have free slots for skills on jewellery, 50EP is better then 90parry, u have fast pots heal, some times it can save life

30. elster

elster Journeyman

myuo doesn't show full templates in the view, but the server still sends all the information to the client. I wrote a quick script to parse this data. His template is

corpse of bear:

Anatomy - 1000
    Parry - 600
    Tactics - 1200
    Swordmanship - 1200
    Necromancy - 1000
    Chivalry - 1000
    Bushido - 1200

Edit: Looks like he added his template in the video anyway

31. Val

Val Journeyman

Chiv 100 +10 jewellery

32. Val

Val Journeyman

this can be seen in his videos

33. Tabin

Tabin Seasoned Veteran

does Ozy or Anon have a slayer vunerability? Does elemental slayer work on Anon when he changes into elemental form?

34. Val

Val Journeyman

Yes, it's work, on elemental form, and undead slayer on necromag, demon and ozy do not have slayer.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk