1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

(Question) How's Europa these days after EJ kicked in?

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Theron, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Theron

Theron Lore Keeper

So any noticeable changes on the server population since Endless Journey?

How's the housing situation? Still plenty of space to get a house?

2. Merth

Merth Journeyman

I cant comment on pop since only recently returned to UO myself, but I can say I was able to place a Tram keep in the last month and have seen tons of larger spots open for placing.

Theron likes this.
  3. RessMePlz

RessMePlz Adventurer

Short answer: move to Atl

Long answer: population is always lower, you can easily place a keep in Trammel now... I’ve placed a house inside Luna walls.
    Europa has a nice roleplay community but if you plan to pvm or pvp move to Atlantic is the best solution

Theron likes this.
  4. Ford Taunus

Ford Taunus Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend K/K

Europa is a good choice. Good nice player base. High recommendation Europa as playing shard.

Tabby Kapak and Theron like this.
  5. RessMePlz

RessMePlz Adventurer

Small player base you mean... no active champs to raid, no champ raiders, 4 afk people at Luna bank, a totally dead market... let’s not tell lies, Atl is the only decently populated server these days... in any other shard you’ll end play alone most of the time... of with 2-3 friends...

Theron likes this.
  6. Ford Taunus

Hehee:
    So:

Lie

and lie

total lie. comment: We just counted almost 20 on Luna on best playtime

and lie

Somewhat true o_O . First!

and lie

But yes. Atlantic is a good place to make shoppings.

7. RessMePlz

RessMePlz Adventurer

If I tell lies, why Europa has always less players? And why so many ppl move to Atl? Oh, 20 ppl at Luna bank! A true massive multiplayer game! Europa is good only for RP, with active guilds and daily events.

start playing on Europa will probably ends with a big money expense in character transfer tokens! A single big Atl guild has probably more player online than all the Europa bank sitters

Theron likes this.
  8. Ford Taunus

Yes it have less players than Atlantic.
    But not like this:
    Gotcha difference?

Yes. There is many ppl in Atlantic.

I think 20 is not bad.. or is it?

Using word "only" makes u liar here :)

9. THP

THP Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

all shard have less player .. atl prob as most with 1-2000 ...then there are 7-8 shards inc.europa with 2-300 players...then theres shards that are pretty much dead - maybe 50 players tops with land free in luna and castles free galore

Theron likes this.
  10. RessMePlz

RessMePlz Adventurer

Indeed, that’s way it doesn't have sense to recommend a dying shard... the more populated your shard is, the later will fall

Theron likes this.
  11. Tabby Kapak

Tabby Kapak Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor

Two things: Quality over quantity, Europa has a great community! Can't tell for Atl really, though we have some chars at max skills there we never really played there. (And we wonder how we found the time to train them so many years ago?!)

Secondly, Europa being a dead shard is GRAVELY exaggerated in our opinion. Our regular experience is something like the following:
    "Let's go train our pet on the ratmen bosses!" .... shoot! occupied!
    Oh well, we still have to fix our fame, let's head towards the Succubus in the FDD. ... Ack! Someone busy there!
    Then how about the Arctic Ogre Lord instead? ... of course, someone there already.
    This is not a time for a champ hunt, too likely to get raided. So let's go to Eodon to tame some better Triceratops/Dimi/Sauro/etc. ... Go figure, someone killing them!
    *spotting a question in help chat* .. lose the rest of the day on helping one new player instead of progressing one of the many personal goals..

Everywhere we go, we bump into activity. So nope, we don't buy the Europa is dead, at all!

And let us be honest, the last period we got to log in much was in May. But there were so many players coming in due to EJ and several we spoke were (planning on) subbing, that we can't imagine it will be much different now.

Mil and Ford Taunus like this.
  12. RessMePlz

RessMePlz Adventurer

Maybe we played on two different Europa...

13. Ford Taunus

That is true. Europa is indeed living. ANd bous that it have good community.

14. ShriNayne

ShriNayne Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I would rather have the community of Europa over the crowds of Atlantic any day, I wouldn't move to Atlantic for any amount of gold or plat and to be honest if Europa ever closed I would rather just not play. When I came back 2-3 years ago I tried to do everything myself and soon found it wasn't possible or fun. Making the effort to go to the West Brit Bank meet every day was the best thing I ever did, I made some great friends and did a lot of content I couldn't have managed alone or duo-ing with my husband. We got so much help and support and then gained a great Guild (RAAM) in the process.

Mil, Ford Taunus and Tabby Kapak like this.
  15. Ford Taunus

Sad we cannot give two thumbs to one post :)

ShriNayne likes this.
  16. Arradin

Arradin Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This RezzMe Guy does not paint the whole Picture.

Europa is great, i have great sales on vendors and i run into people all over the lands - And most importantly, people are nice to eachother.

Go make a toon on Atlantic and try to talk to people. Or just generally talk in General chat with someone... Yeah, good luck with that.

Mil, Ford Taunus and ShriNayne like this.
  17. Ford Taunus

Yeh. I made toon for Atlantic and saw fast it was not my place to play. The problem was not PVE or PVP.. but the community and how people talk to each other.

Mil and ShriNayne like this.