1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

i dont understand how word of death works

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by frostbolt, Apr 3, 2009.

  1. frostbolt

    frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

    Mar 17, 2009
    Likes Received:
    ive been trying to cast this for a while now and ive been unable to do more than like 25 points of damage. i have 115 spellweaving, how do people use it to do lots of damage?
  2. Zodiac19

    Zodiac19 Guest

    To really use WoD you need a good arcane focus. The higher the focus the earlier you can cast, this is based on how much life your tgt has left. Each level of focus adds 5% to the amount of HP your tgt has left before WoD is effective. For example the Dark Father has 30,000 HP to start so at a level 2 AF your WoD will start working when he has 3000 HP left or 10% of his total. Level 3 would be 15% and so on up to level 6 at 30% or 9k HP. Now your SW skill only effects your chance to cast not damage output, you will need SDI on your character to boost the damage output once in the WoD range. If you are trying to use WoD without an AF or on low level monsters don't bother.
  3. NickyDishes

    NickyDishes Guest

    ya hes right...no point in taking this temp up really unless u got others to arcane circle with.every sw spell is better with a focus of 4 or better...if u cant obtain that id say stone it until u find other spellweavers to power you up.
  4. RichDC

    RichDC Guest

    Usefull to take down AW's before they start running away!

    Everything in post is correct(although i stll use with a 0 focus) base damage is 300then can be upped by SDI(on suit and then tree form and arcane empowerment are nice boosts). Slayers have no effect on WOD nor does resistances of the MOB.