1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the feedback-page save?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nenime, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Nenime

Nenime Guest

I would like to send in some feedback (I'm convinced now, Oriana ;)) but the offical UO-feedback-page is not encrypted (I mean this https-thing). I have to fill in my Name, Email address, Account Name (?), Primary Character Name and Primary Shard. Nice that they don't ask for my password either. Besides this, it is pretty much everything a hacker would like to know about me. I mean... hearing all those stories about being hacked I don't think it's a good idea to reveal sensitive data this way. Can't I just email it to Jeremy?
  2. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
  3. Halister Marner

Halister Marner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 2, 2006
    They really should have it encrypted, that's a major gripe I have, especially since they ask for your account name.

You can email Jeremy directly at:

JDalberg AT ea.com
  4. Nenime

Nenime Guest

Wow, thanks for the superfast reply :)

Jeremy, it is okay for you too? I promise I'll bug you :p
  5. Nenime

Nenime Guest

I was so enthused 'bout the quick response that I forgot to rephrase my question:

Is it rather some kind of emergency contact or can it really be used for sending in feedback - instead of the mentioned page?
  6. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 22, 2004
    If it's a bug, send it to Jeremy and [email protected]

All the feedback form does is craft a formatted e-mail sent to Jeremy I believe.

And your e-mails probably aren't encrypted either... so you know.
  7. Nenime

Nenime Guest

Thanks for that info, Gildar. Then I sure can email it directly.
    Ja, I know but... I feel a little exposed to give all those informations about my account to an unsecure webpage - I wouldn't do that in an email either. Don't know enough about hacking but I think this page could be a prime target.