1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any way for a pet to gain "Detecting Hidden" skill that actually works?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Laura_Gold, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Laura_Gold

Laura_Gold Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Stealthing around your pet does not actually work.

2. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

Someone said a while back that you have to make the pet attack you then stealth.
    Other way is go to trap spiders in abandoned city, outside the night terror area. (Stay away from them, lol). The trap door spiders also LP go get ready for them, make sure you have protection, petals etc on.
    In terms o f utility DH on pets may be an exercise in futility, probably will take quite long also, but something to do I reckon..:spider:

SouthPaw likes this.
  3. Prince Erik

Prince Erik Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If I remember right, Kryonix posted on the official forums that pets cannot gain detect hidden at all. :(

Lord Frodo likes this.
  4. celticus

celticus Babbling Loonie

Hmmm..They may have changed it? Not sure. There is a thread in here about it and players relating these methods to gain. I never tried to gain it myself though. Still cant see how useful a skill that could be. ( DH in spawns to unhide stealther PKers? Or unhide boxed in Khaldune? Kottle city? No idea.)

5. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

At first on TC, it was able to be trained up. But not since Pub 97 went live.

6. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Mesanna and Kyroniks stated it is no way to train detect hidden on pets, at is it not active on tamed ones.

Lord Frodo likes this.