1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Just returned, and a few questions

Discussion in 'UHall' started by afk, May 4, 2017.

1. afk

afk Journeyman

Hello decided to come back after a 6 year hiatus, decided to try the EC client and you apparently have to hit / to talk, is this something you always have to do? or can it be toggled off? because i can never remember to do that until after i write something out. so I'll be downloading the regular client in case i can't. absolutely hate having hotkeys on the keyboard when i do not want them, always used a shift then key in old client.

also, on the pet upgrade which was released, just an idea, i wonder if they would consider allowing 1 slot pets, which are not tamer only, to be trained up to 2 slots and still be owned by non tamers. This would be no different than say a vollem in a crystal(though they would still require a tamer to train up).

also was wondering on the new money system is this tied to shard or account?

k that's it for now going to download the old client for now, i guess.

thx

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I press enter to type using EC.

You can remove all the hot bars and stuff and just have macros and you can assign them to key combinations of your choice.

Money is per shard.

3. petemage

petemage Lore Keeper

Always been like that. Comes a bit across like you were just looking for a reason to vent about enhanced client. Have fun with the CC. Or give the EC a honest try and never look back after some months ;)

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

As DJAd said just hit enter to type and talk... this allows you to use every key on your keyboard as a macro without looking like you have turrets by typing 3295709328457923y75p934128y5p9013u5 continually or 12938719283 before you talk all the time when you are fighting...

Money is tied to all characters PER SHARD... If you transfer to another shard and want to take money you have to now remember to put it in a TRANSFER account... You can do this by going to the bank and single clicking the banker to open your bank box. Brings up an extremely confusing menu but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

IF you upgrade and train a pet at all it will then require taming to own... sorry.

If you reserve yourself to the ancient client you'll be playing with one hand tied... trust me. It takes a little effort and some time but it's WELL worth it.