1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

(Question) Looking for some old friends ...

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Beltendu, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Beltendu

Beltendu Visitor

It's been about 15 years or so (not counting the last couple months) since I last played UO. Since my return, I've noticed a couple houses in Silvervale belonging to people I knew from back then, but haven't had any luck finding any trace of them (or other guildies) in game other than the houses refusing to decay ... :)

Has anyone seen any recent evidence of members of Heartkin here on Chesapeake? The two houses in particular are owned by Lilith and Ilina Le Kyteler, but of course there were plenty of other Heartkin. I'd be curious if anyone has any news.

NANOC likes this.
  2. CottonEyeJoe104

CottonEyeJoe104 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I can't recall where Heartkin was. But there sure isn't many people around anymore. Its sad :(

3. Beltendu

Beltendu Visitor

The two houses in question are in Silvervale, and as I understand it Heartkin founded Silvervale (after my time, unfortunately). I was a member back when the Duir and Castle Lir were still active.

You're right though, it is sad. I was a little surprised that the shards hadn't been combined, like most other games have done. But then, most other games don't let users have the same impact on the world itself as you get in UO. Plus I imagine the UO servers might be a lot less expensive to run.

#3 Beltendu, Aug 14, 2017 at 9:11 AM
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 9:16 AM
    NANOC likes this.
  4. Beltendu

Beltendu Visitor

Reading that again, it does raise another question. Is there anyone still playing from that era, say ... 1997 to 2002/3?

Drakelord likes this.
  5. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

For the time being, I am no longer playing. But I first started in late 1998.

Beltendu likes this.
  6. Zoogi

Zoogi Visitor

Mez tinkin ip yoo see Naitch he libz in Silberbale. Maybe dat smelly Ork Tehan az well. Mez dunno ip dey noo anyun yoo may be lewkin fur ur not but itz wort askin dem.

Beltendu likes this.
  7. Beltendu

Beltendu Visitor

Cool to see someone from back then, even if they're retired at the moment ... :)

Zoogi, I have indeed met Naitch once out in Silvervale. It's so quiet out there we both surprised each other ... :)

8. CottonEyeJoe104

CottonEyeJoe104 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I've been around since Oct 97. But I was so young I didn't branch out into the community much until 99-00. Aldruck, Alonzo, Cotton Eye Joe, Zosimus, MIning All Day, were some of my chars from the golden days.

Beltendu and NANOC like this.
  9. Beltendu

Beltendu Visitor

Cool! I'm afraid the names aren't ringing a bell, though back then the shards were big enough it was conceivable to not know everyone on the shard ... :)

Francis and Jonathan were my primary two characters (Ornalis is recently made). I hung around Yew (the Duir, where I tended bar as Francis for its first few years) and Castle Lir (with Jonathan mostly).

NANOC likes this.