1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

[Archery] Looking for Suggestions on Archer Build

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Ruby Knight, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Ruby Knight

Ruby Knight Seasoned Veteran

I have an old Archer toon that I want to make more viable now. He does okay at Krampus. I have only died to lag but I want to be able to use him more. If gold was no object what would the best all around Archer Template be?
    My Current Template:
    120 Archery
    120 Tactics
    120 Anatomy
    114.4 Healing
    91.2 Chivy
    58.4 Focus

On Stones:
    120 Fencing
    120 Parry
    120 Bushido
    100 Necromancy
    100 Hiding
    120 Resist

As for gear I have Insane Tinker Legs, Feudal Grips and a Despicable quiver. Anyhow, I want to be able to inflict the most damage that is possible and be well protected. Any suggestions would be great.

2. Gb8719

Gb8719 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My archer is one of my favorite characters to play. I can kill from a distance or whirlwind down multiple mobs with a 100% HLL doubleaxe. Also benefits from high faster casting and faster cast recovery to cast heals and cure in addition to bandages and HLL with a double axe.

110 Anatomy
    100 Archery (120 with hunter's headdress)
    90 Healing (100 with enhanced bandages)
    120 Tactics
    90 Bushido
    120 Chivalry
    90 Swords

I instantly swap gear when I equip my doubleaxe to give me full DCI. My jewels when I swap to swords gear boosts me up to 120 swords and bushido.

I also use 120 Chiv for the full benefit from Divine Fury to give me a damage, hit chance, and swing speed boost.

For archery I use composite bows but I rely heavily on Yumi's with double shot. I find that double does as much damage as AI when combined with Consecrate Weapon, which I always keep up.

I'm on Atlantic so let me know if you want to see the character in action or look at my gear.

3. Zalan

Zalan Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I use a Wraith Archery
    120 Archery
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    100 Healing
    95 Chivalry
    120 Spellweaving
    40 Necromancy
    60 Spirit Speak

I spam AI with a 215 Stamina. I use Fear and Greater Confusion Blast potions when Krampus Minions attack. I have balanced on a bow. Then when he drops to 30% WoD on Krampus in Wraith Form.

I use a soldier medal and got 10 Chivalry on Jewelry.

4. Innoxicated

Innoxicated Journeyman

Wraith archer is fun, you'll find yourself forgetting AI costs mana until you drain your targets mana dry. mystic archer is also very cool, won't out dps the wraith, but you get a lot of utility... And a tank. Spell plague+AI combo does some nice hits. Tamer archer is a classic, IMO. Another very good temp is discord archer, discord masteries (tribulation+AI, I like composites :), and discord is always welcome in a group hunt! The good old ABC (archery/bushido/chivalry) is still very strong with the damage output from chiv, plus bushido helping with hits and supplemental healing.

Man really take any temp and wiggle a lil archery in there to see what happens, lmao... The fact that you can reforge up to 40 ssi and still enhance another 10% is pretty mind-boggling (if rarely done). I like Gb's idea of mixing archery and melee for a pvm build, I think I may have another archer temp to try out, now!!

5. msB_CO18

msB_CO18 Visitor

6. msB_CO18

msB_CO18 Visitor

I'm curious as to why Healing when you can heal/cure with Chivalry?

7. Ruby Knight

Ruby Knight Seasoned Veteran

Because He was originally just a fencer. Never dropped healing. Plus healing and chive means 2x the healing at 1/2 the time. Or so my theory went.

8. Gb8719

Gb8719 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You’re correct in the assumption. I’ve had healing for years and never dropped it. I use healing consistently and Chiv heal for emergencies. I use Chiv to cure 100 percent of the time over bandages.

Plus I don’t feel like I could replace healing with anything that would be as useful. Possibly Resist but I didn’t feel this was a big help.

I also hate dying.

9. Gb8719

Gb8719 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I also put high HLL on my double axes when I switch gear. Some have 100 percent HLL.

Again, because I hate dying and want to feel overpowered.

10. Sonreir

Sonreir Visitor

Great thread, all. I've also been thinking about making an Archer for the first time and I had another question...

With Sampire, healing is usually handled by Life Leech. Is that also important in an Archer template (without the Vampiric Embrace, maybe)?

11. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Certifiable

I still vote going Throwing over Archery.