1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Beer_Cayse, Aug 25, 2009.

  1. Beer_Cayse

    Beer_Cayse Guest

    We have an AV thread ... now how about one for spyware/malware removal? I have 3 products I use - all free (or embedded in an AV product):

    AdAware free edition from Lavasoft - green button for AdAware Free
    SpybotSD from Safer Networking

    I have RoadRunner from TimeWarner and in my area I can use CA ezArmor AV product which includes Pest Control malware removal tool. As I mentioned elsewhere the drawback is that this product needs to be removed before updating ZoneAlarm. The 2 products just don't get along very well.
  2. Shamus Turlough

    Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

    May 19, 2008
    Likes Received:
    There are two pieces I use first in any instance. First, I use ccleaner to delete temp files, and to delete any stale registry records. Then I run malwarebytes antimalware to clean. After that, if I suspect further infection, I run Panda's PAVARK anti-rootkit and then finally scan with AVG antivirus. This combination works 99% of the time. The other 1%, I reload the PC.
  3. Bardie

    Bardie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

    May 20, 2008
    Likes Received:
    also malwarebytes anti-malware is a really good program i use in conjunction with CCleaner and Spybot...also HighjackThis is a pretty good proggy to use if you know what your doing.

    **edit - guess i should read above mine first before i post haha**
  4. Numtinae

    Numtinae Guest

    I've found malwarebytes to be the best out there at the moment. Boot into safe mode (hold down F8 while windows boots) then run it. Reboot into safe mode and run it again. Do the complete not the quick.

    I haven't found anything it didn't get.