1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

[Magery] Meditation and Mana Regen Armor

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Porky, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Porky

Porky Journeyman

Howdy, I have a noob question, but I was thinking about starting a mage character and was wondering if I have maximum mana regen armor on AND have 120 meditation, will they both stack, or does one cancel out the other? In other words, would it be worthwhile to have both, or is just having one enough?
    Thank you.

2. Xris

Xris Sage

A mage should really use med even with high MR. There are cases where mages don't use med, but if you're new to a mage you should use it. Make sure to get as much SDI as possible and use correct slayers. The difference between low sdi and high sdi (with a slayer) is crazy.

Innoxicated likes this.
  3. Telraseth

Telraseth Visitor

They both stack. Mana regs from items is capped at 30 and you can also have 120 meditation and focus

4. Porky

Porky Journeyman

Ok, thank you! I was wondering if there would be much of a difference if I had both, or if I only had one.

5. Porky

Porky Journeyman

Oh, another noob question..... is resist spells worthwhile when you can just eat an enchanted apple?

6. Xris

Xris Sage

Yes, it can resist lower level poisons and paralyze. So if your fighting multiple casters it saves you time. It's a great skill to work and put on a soulstone, it's handy on some higher end stuff (some champs and bosses).

7. Telraseth

Telraseth Visitor

8. Innoxicated

Innoxicated Journeyman

Resist spells is a handy skill, but I wouldn't stress too much about altering a template to make it fit. If you do go with resist, it seems people either go all the way with 120 (rarely) or settle with gm, anything less however isn't going to be worth the points.

Depending on how 'pure' you want this mage to be, you could go ahead and take focus to 120 along with mysticism. Mysticism would also largely negate any need for resist spells, as stone form gives you total poison immunity and cleansing winds is a very powerful heal that also cures poison and removes curses. Wont help with paralyze, but otherwise you'll have your bases covered.