1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

New Taming Training Interface Question @kyronix

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Arrgh, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had a 3-slot Cu I have been training, it's an older pet, years old. I finally after weeks got it to 100% for it's 1st round of training and apparently it's ONLY round. I have not saved the changes because I wanted to Lore it just to make sure everything looked okay. When I lored it, it said it was a 5=>5 slot pet now. Is this supposed to happen? I've been gone for a while thanks to the last snow patch (yeah that was a long time ago) and missed all this 'mess'. I have no clue wt crap is up as to why it went from working on the training gump adding stats and skipped 4=>5 altogether from 3=>5. I thought there was a numerical sequence here, you know, 3=>4, then 4=>5, as I haven't really found any concrete data to prove otherwise I have no idea if this is intended or a bug. I do predict baldness if I continue to deal with this much longer...at least it's on TC1. IS it because I trained poison on it at 3=>4? That's the only thing I can imagine would be screwed up unless it's just an old pet being buggy. Any replies appreciated.

Thanks.

Think I will recopy and not add magic until last round, if the copy doesn't bug. I'm pretty sure this is a user error. Yes, I've read the Wiki, it's way too vague.

EDIT: I have just found an article about losing a training stage if you add magic in the 1st round of imbuing. I'm not sure that's 100% but it makes sense.

2. afk

afk Journeyman

there was(?) a bug that caused pets to skip a level, however this was supposed to be fixed, but it is UO afterall.

Arrgh likes this.
  3. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks afk, if it does it again I'll send a bug report.

Edit: Bug Report sent. Thanks, It just jumps a training level. I am so glad I took the 5 seconds to transfer to Test. Any idea which developer is working on pet interface so I can tag them?
    @Kyronix

#3 Arrgh, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017