1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

New Treasure Chest Loot Guessing Game

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Keven2002, May 22, 2019.

1. grimiz

grimiz Sage

Albion Online does basically this. It gets old pretty quickly.

Can we be a little honest. Some, if not most? people here are either (or, in my case... all three!)
    a) masochists
    b) hoarders
    c) addictive personalities

If you make the game simpler, with less items that have no attachment value... these people will leave.

2. Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete Seasoned Veteran

It's funny, I was typing up a post with basically these same ideas. I got busy and when I came back I saw this. Yeah, loot is totally broken. My idea was quite a bit different but the same concept. So I'm not going to bother posting it.

Simple loot that needs replaced frequently is the ticket. Spending an hour or two farming should be all it takes to come up with a decent suit that is completely usable. What is the point of having minor magic items? Does anyone besides me use them? No. So why are they there? Replace them with imbueing ingredients. Allow crafters to make good, middle of the road equipment for when you just want to get out and adventure without spending an hour or two to get equipped.

People who need to hoard stuff or whatever have other things to collect. Gear shouldn't have to be one of them. But all of this is moot because if we did that everyone would be up in arms because they paid x amount of gold for their equipment and don't want to lose it.

I am done talking about this treasure hunting thing for now. It doesn't affect me at all unfortunately I'll always have to read posts of people complaining that they can't be invincible and kill everything in one hit. I'm happy with the changes only because they came at the players' request. Like I said originally: You made your bed and now you have to lie in it.

Veldrane likes this.
  3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I have dozens of characters... I don't want to suit swap that would be annoying as all get out... I also don't want all my characters dressing exactly alike again boring...

And the LAST thing I want is to have to replace items for over a dozen characters I'd spend all my time finding replacement items for things and zero time doing anything enjoyable or fun...

I'd rather not worry about getting my next suit item I need to replace and worry more about having fun with friends. I would hate even more to be enjoying time with friends when all the sudden 2 or 3 of us have to stop what we are doing to go replace a piece of our suit as it got destroyed... again NOT fun.

If that's your idea of fun then I'm sorry for you.

but that's not my idea of fun... that's like going out doing something and having your car run out of gas or your cell phone die and no charger. Stops the fun real fast.

4. Pawain

Pawain I Hate Skilling
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

All those words wasted. The Hoarders won. :)

5. Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete Seasoned Veteran

I don't know, I'd say they're still losing. I don't have to worry anout any of that and I have just as much fun as anyone else or more. When I play, I adventure. I don't worry about loot at all so you'll never hear me request anything be changed when it comes to loot. I'm happy with whatever. It's the hoarders and people that have to have all the best gear that are upset over these changes. With my attitude regarding equipment, I can't really lose.

Pawain likes this.
  6. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Its not hard to have a middle of the road.

Drop items with the same properties but make them rare. Unique colors etc. Hell half the money spent on Fortnite is for character 'skins' and 'dances'. Vanity has value.

Question : whats better business? 25k hoarders or 400k people playing a game and not hoarding? We have the former. We used to have the later.

7. grimiz

grimiz Sage

You could overhall the entire loot system, economy, and ecosystem, then you would just lose 25k hoarders and not gain any new subs. No one else wants to play UO except for nostalgia's sake.

So better business is to hold on to the existing customer segment you have remaining to you and not piss them off, which broadsword can't even seem to do correctly.

Uriah Heep likes this.
  8. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Couple items from lvl 7 chest on prodo

lvl7map.jpg