1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

(Question) Oceania Still Active?

Discussion in 'UO Oceania' started by James2464, Mar 23, 2016.

1. James2464

James2464 Visitor

Hi guys,

Is Oceania still active? How many people play roughly?

Is it possible they will merge Oceania with another shard?

Which is the next best shard for ping? Pacific would be around 250ms right, is that playable?

Cheers,
    J

#1 James2464, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  2. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

there are still a few diehards playing oceania. i would consider it one of the least populated shards. it's hard for me to say how many people play there because i log in during offpeak times.

the good news is there are spots where you can place castles.

i tool around there from time to time but my ping to oceania is around 220 and it makes it almost unplayable. of all the USA west shards, pacific is probably the most populated. i'd suggest making a character on Pacific and give it a try. good luck!

3. MissEcho

MissEcho Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I guess there are about 20-40 regular players on Oceania, we use 'help' chat not general chat so generally log in , go to help chat and ask who is on, you will normally get at least half a dozen answer you. This forum is more dead than the shard now. Most just post in Uhall.