1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Pets to use and things to hunt at 90-100 skill (Archer/Tamer)

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Seraphina_152, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Seraphina_152

Seraphina_152 Visitor

I randomly got the urge to play a hunter-like character in UO and decided to re-sub and make an Human Female Archer/Tamer. My character currently has:

Real(Skill bonus from items)
    90(+10) Animal Taming
    100 Animal Lore
    90(+10) Veterinary
    90 Archery
    90 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    80 Chivalry

Once I can afford scrolls/mastery books I'm going to bump Taming/Lore/Archery to 120, and then bring Vet/Chiv down to 80 and use +30 jewelry to bump them to 110. My question is, with the skills I currently have, what pets should I use to hunt and what should I be hunting? I haven't played a Tamer seriously in probably 10 years lol.

2. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

120 taming/lore are cheap. Primer II is cheap too. With +30 taming/lore you can farm Dragons in Destard. It isn't a big money but you can tame GDs for sale.

To train taming/lore cast mastery. If you are going to use taming mastery you need 120 real skills in both.

Sounds good.

3. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

p.s. If you plays on Europa I can help you to start (GD and jewels).

4. Seraphina_152

Seraphina_152 Visitor

My best character atm is a fighter with 110 Chivalry and everything else in the 90s, so I think your definition of cheap is going to be very different from mine. :p And I'm on Catskills. I checked vendor search and found one taming PS for 3 mil and no taming primers unfortunately. That's why I'm currently trying to figure out stuff I can do with this girl at her current skill.

5. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

They should be about 500k. Buy 115 then. Try to ask in chat. Do champion spawns yourself...