1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Your Custom House Designs Here...

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Guest, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

The old thread was getting a bit unwieldy and several of the houses are no longer there or the pictures are no longer hosted, so we're starting over fresh. Post your house design pictures here, and include the plot size (if you remember it). Also, if the house is public, post your shard, coordinates and facet for those of us that would like to come by and have an up-close look.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I would like to see interior shots. The exterior is gorgeous. There are some very nice designs in this thread. I would post my shop but I cannot get the entire thing in one image.

3. Wow jcesare , you've outdone your self in the farm and the manner! They both look really good.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

took forever to get all those rocks... This is on LS btw, ice island, just south of the mountain exit, impossible to miss.

5. Xanth de Orlig

Xanth de Orlig Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BRPA

nice designs all round, but most psyched i can finally get a big mac in uo! heh

6. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

hehe Thank you Xanth, I love your "basement" entrance/exit!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Beautiful layout, and great job getting it to look like a united treehouse "compound". I especially like the reddish wood flooring on the walkways. It is a nice contrast to the greens, browns, and grays.

-Skylark

8. Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica Guest

And that one is in Malas as well in the secret place by the Luna walls. Sorry for the bad quality, I am crap with paint, lol

[​IMG]

SpiffyBananaFoot likes this.
  9. Kolian

Kolian Guest

<blockquote><hr>

This is my floral shop on Origin. I based it on one of several drawings I found of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geeze, nice work on the deco. The plants really give the structure a good look.

10. Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica Guest

I needed more space for plant growing so I redone my place in Malas north of the pyramid. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Calla Lily likes this.
  11. =D dont think any AUSSIES have posted so i thought i might be the first... this is my house in Makoto-Jima just up from the moongate, on Oceania of course!

Shown Below is The Stone Monkey Inn of Oceania

[​IMG]
    ^ Outside The Stone Monkey Inn
    [​IMG]
    ^ inside 1st Floor - Training Room
    [​IMG]
    ^ 2nd Floor - Bar and Dining Room [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And Last but not Least, the 3rd Floor - eg Bedroom, Study, Workshop AND a small garden *smiles*

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Instructions on uploading screenshots to your post are outlined in the Housing FAQ stickied up top.

13. Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica Guest

deleted cause piccie got lost somehow, lol

14. the house with the rocks, oh my lord, so many rocks .

alot of theses houses look very nice, but i would perfer to see them in the 2d client than the 3d client.

15. Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica Guest

So, I finished the ground floor and the roof of my keep. Thought I post some piccies. First floor is still under construction, hence you see some chest on the balcony...just ignore then, hehe. I really cannot think though how to make my first floor in the moment.

GroundFloor:
    [​IMG]

Roof:
    [​IMG]

16. Zalan

Zalan Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

My attempt of a Crystal Keep:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

jcesare - I love your manor house! I hope you don't mind, but I've attempted to duplicate it for my main home on Atlantic. Kudos to you! (I'm so design-challenged!)

18. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I recently managed to place two plots, amusingly enough, both in the same spot on two different shards. I'm surprised they weren't already take as it's a 13x14 spot in a really nice area near Spirituality shrine in Trammel.

Anyway, I managed to build one of them (I lack the funds to build the other at the moment!) and decided to make a ruin as I am very fond of crumbling stone and the advance of nature.

[​IMG]

Jaden Rain likes this.
  19. Leanan Sidhe

Leanan Sidhe Guest

Ryuuko,
    Your "home" is absolutely gorgeous!!!

20. jaytin

jaytin Guest

I don't know if this has been done before but I don't have a house; I have a ship at a harbour. Please let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

21. Guest

Guest Guest

Jaden Rain likes this.
  22. ravenwaves

ravenwaves Guest

Well, after being off for a year and a half I decided to come back to UO, and this is the first house I've built since back. The other half and I rolled on siege where there is no shortage of house space, and were able to place 2 side by side 18x18s in malas. This is my first attempt at building 2 homes to look like 1, as well as my first attempt at designing in quite some time. I'm thus far happy with the overall look.

[​IMG]

The floors in the first house are pretty basic, and really bare since I don't even have any stuff yet! [​IMG]

Luckily, my second day back in game I happened onto a really nice idoc annd found a few things to fill out my courtyard. My greenhouse is a little underdeveloped because I planted my first crop that day, but I'm sure it will bloom out nicely. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second floor is a variation on a lot of village style houses I've seen. Eventual it's intended to be a kitchen and servants quarters (when I can track down some beds).
    It ocurred to me that this elven cabinet isn't too far from resembling a stove top so I'm going to flesh out the idea, and my kitchen cupboards will be a little more apparent when I get a counter underneath it.

[​IMG]

The third floor is intended to be guest rooms far removed from my husband's crazy experiments in his lab in the manor (lest they become experiements!)

The room in the NW corner is planned as a library, and I have the beginnings to a music room in the entry. I'm trying to turn the shadow alter into a pipe organ. Soon as I figure out something to stack to make pipes [​IMG] (ideas please?)

[​IMG]

And the rooftop you see clearly from the first image I hope to turn into a small island sanctuary. I'm seeing lots of pillows, picnic basket, ad perhaps an awning.

check back after I've been playing for a full week and have gathered more goodies to flesh out the decor. It's quite a challenge to find even goza mats on siege!

Malforce likes this.
  23. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

24. Guest

Guest Guest

EH, look at this [​IMG]

Top View
    [​IMG]

Second lvl
    [​IMG]

first lvl
    [​IMG]

basement
    [​IMG]

25. How did you do that? Where all this nice stuff come from?

26. Guest

Guest Guest

It is clearly a freeshard, I don't thinks stratics should be supporting these pics .... I clearly think we have no shards with abbreviations of DFI....

27. Guest

Guest Guest

You can post pics from freeshards, you just can't mention them by name or try to get people to join.

28. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow that came out great! Nice job!! [​IMG]

29. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks I did some work on test first that made it easier. I had originally made the walls out of the reddish Japanese style house color. I redid it looking for a lighter coloring trying to blend different textures. I think I cna live with this for some time. I wanted a house with as few doors as possible. That was one of several things I didn't like about the tower design.

30. Guest

Guest Guest

It is different, frontiers style. I definitely like it.

31. Guest

Guest Guest

It's really cute! You can try doing a roof, but a flat roof made out of wooden floor tiles, and bordered by the short orc type wood walls. You can also leave a tile open to put a heritage ladder going up to the roof. I think that could be really cute.

32. Ghost71

Ghost71 Guest

You have any other pictures of that first house picture?

33. Guest

Guest Guest

Did you do plaster on the ground floor then change to stone? Looks like you still have the NW corner wood post on the ground floor. And you don't have the tiny little maroon NW corner piece for the roof, hehe.

Ok so the roof...is it going to be used with furniture and the like or are you going to keep it just as a roof? That can make a little difference on how you do the floor. One thing you could do regardless of your plans for the roof is to checker another color in that is very close to the color you are using. If you want to put something up there then you could throw some plants around, maybe do more tables and chairs for an outside patio.

34. Nah, I had stone from the start. I'm not sure why I can't get the little corner piece in there, but it is driving me nuts. Then again, I am not too good at this sort of thing. I look at everyone else's designs and I realize how sparse mine is. lol.

I'm really not sure what to do about the roof. I'm thinking of making it into a small patio, but I also wouldn't mind incorporating some functionality into it. As it stands, I've got the five different containers you see just about full of resources and various weps and armor I have to get around to rolling the dice on enhancing. I need someplace to put out some runebooks and potion kegs.

But I don't want the roof to look like a workshop or anyting like that. I'm at a total loss, so I'm just fishing for ideas. Thanks!! [​IMG]

35. Guest

Guest Guest

Very cool!

36. Guest

Guest Guest

Post is almost 2 years old, but I just now noticed part of it. Love the arch window with balcony/planter, Phlinx! [​IMG]

-Skylark

37. Guest

Guest Guest

Great looking design Skylark. It looks almost real. I expected to see someone walking in through the front gate. Nice details

38. I also hold the Blanche Island spot on Europa, that looks alot like how I wanted my design before I turned it into a temple [​IMG]

39. Mialee

Mialee Guest

That's amazing! How do you make it look like that?

40. Mialee

Mialee Guest

And of course that was directed at the house that looks like a kingdom, I had forgotten to specify.

41. Here's my new 18x18. The interior decorating was done by Ashyn (Thank You Again Ashyn!!!). I did all of the exterior deco along with the house design itself. A big thanks also to Tina Small for checking my house for security so those pesky Faction chars can't get into my house.

1st Floor

[​IMG]

2nd Floor

[​IMG]

3rd Floor

[​IMG]

3rd Floor w/Rooftop

[​IMG]

And lastly, the overhead view of the house zoomed out in KR

[​IMG]

42. Bodhi

Bodhi Guest

Looks great!!! Dont really have suggestions, but i especially like your staircase porch entrance ;)

43. Moxis

Moxis Guest

Thanks! I got the idea from another house, actually, where the owner had created a second-story porch accessible by two stairs on either side. I thought it was such a great idea, but I didn't want to use up quite so much space. Hence, a single stair! :D

44. Faerunner

Faerunner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Reserving this post for pictures of my finished house. Up soon, I promise.

45. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Bram,

I like how you used some of the optical illusion techniques to help make the 2 plots look like one big connected area. :)

-Skylark

46. Calla Lily

Calla Lily Guest

The architecture of the museum is beautiful, and you've done a wonderful job of decorating it and setting up the displays :)

47. Here is my latest house design. I moved a week after I'd finished building the last house that is on the bottom of page 1 in this thread. I've had a LOT of people request that I post pics of the new house here, with some details on how the deco was done, so here it is:

Here's the first floor, focusing primarily on the front part of the house plot. The bridge over the "river" was made by placing 6 plain ol' wood tables between the 2 staircases, then placing the large Doom stealable pile of books on top of the table, followed by the square gozas that make up the bridge. A deco tool was used to raise the gozas into place. Ashyn built the bridge for me, and the steps that are there were already in place, but I believe the steps themselves were created by placing interior steps, then using gozas to cut them off at the level you see them at. Maybe she, or possibly Sarsmi, might see this post and clarify how that was done.

[​IMG]

And here's the back part of the first floor showing the kitchen area. The kitchen counters are Ashyn's stone counters. Detailed instructions on how to build these are in a sticky thread at the top part of this forum. The wall separating the secured part of the first floor and the vendor area have 2 hidden stone doors in it for easy access to the vendors, while maintaining the illusion that it's a solid wall. I've surprised quite a few of my customers by opening those doors up to get to the vendors to stock them. The storage system in the Smithing area was made with blackrock boxes along with wooden benches. The storage area next to the vendors was made to resemble a wall unit workshop type storage.

[​IMG]

2nd Floor

Nothing really special here other than the table, arcane circle, and stealable painting that are all in white were dyed with the Luna White ToT dye. The table was made of oak so it could be dyed.

[​IMG]

Top Floor

Again, nothing really special here. I used the same type of storage system in the Alchemy/Scribe area, and utilized metal boxes along with Bloodwood benches and chair to keep the color scheme of the floor all along the same lines.

[​IMG]

And finally, the whole house including roof top to show all the floors. One thing to note with this house design is that every floor was designed so the z-axis exploit can't be used to gain access to the secured portions of the house. I actually had someone try to get in recently using that exploit while I was hidden while working on filling Bods. It's quite funny watching someone actually take the time to type out cussing to themselves in game because they couldn't gain access. :D

[​IMG]

And that's about it. I don't forsee myself moving anytime soon, if ever, so this will probably be the last housing spot I have. If anyone has any questions about the design, or how anything was done or made, please feel free to send me a PM. I'll gladly show you how it was done, and also give a tour of the house if anyone is on Pacific and would like one.

Jaden Rain likes this.
  48. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

*looks*

*looks again*

Flora, that's the very first time I have ever seen those slanted railings used along a stairway:thumbup1:

lovely, lovely shop!

49. hehe I noticed that the other day too - I tried doing it and failed so badly perhaps a tute for that is needed LOL.

50. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Thanks! Actually I just played around with the railing until I found one that didn't turn orange. Not sure how I could do a tutorial other than posting screenies with some arrows pointing to which ones I used. :) I'll play around with it later and put some notes up if you all want.

One other thing, someone told me they had seen my corner flower boxes before. They thought it was a creation from someone here on the boards. That's just a coincidence as I was going to setup tables with Mahjong and in the process I was stacking the games and happened to like the look of them. So, if that design idea belongs to someone else I am not so original afterall! :)