1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Author Wes Locher has teamed up with Stratics for a giveaway of his new book Braving Britannia. This book explores the history and impact of Ultima Online and includes interviews from current and past dev team members as well as many UO and Stratics community members. Click here for more details!
    Dismiss Notice

Post Your Custom House Designs Here...

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Guest, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Great design and deco, Anne! I have always loved designs with separate houses/structures. I love the PBD on the bed!!:thumbup:

2. Calla Lily

Calla Lily Guest

Conrad, I really like that your plot has a wild untamed look to it :)

3. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

love what you've done with that fountain, Conrad..... lovely garden!

4. Conrad99

Conrad99 Guest

Thank you. I felt that the fountain was the weakest part.

5. Conrad99

Conrad99 Guest

THX. With the new rubble, I wil need to redo the garden a little.

6. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Heres one of my houses I had a few months ago, not too far away from Minax faction base. I used it for PvP.

Behind the waterfalls by the stairs is flooring, so you can go in and shoot from behind them. All the way at the east end, behind the waterfalls theres a tile of flooring missing so that you can drop down into the bottom floor if you get into trouble. Since you cant use doors or teleporters when your flagged. :lol:
    Also at the top of the steps, it looks like theres just a wall but theres actually a stone door there to get into the 2nd floor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. I can't look at this thread anymore! Every time I look at the designs it makes me want to redecorate. Great work, everyone.

Flutter likes this.
  8. Jusdon

Jusdon Guest

thanks for this picture. It actually gave me the inspiration I needed to solve some problems I was having with building a two-story library (from deco thread) and adding water, and adding steps and by starting with your exterior design I eventually got something that worked for me. So some 40+ hours later here is what I have. It came out pretty good and I will not be redoing the structure anytime soon, but I may play with the plants some more. I just went with what was already grown and available from my main house.

The house is on Atlantic at 105 33N, 50W on Malas and is open to the public if you wish to take a look. Like the original designer of the 2-story library that got me started on this project I very much want the Academic Bookcases to populate the backwall, but give the frequency of spawn of the new artifact it may be 10 years before I can even make one of them... Oh well... back to PvM I've had enough deco for awhile. Enjoy

Attached Files:

9. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

Oh, I like that very much Jusdon =)

10. Jusdon

Jusdon Guest

11. Jusdon

Jusdon Guest

Thank you Teeshy, nothing really new here, but it's nice to get feedback on my efforts. If I ever get enough gold stone to complete the third level I'll post that as well.

Happy gaming, and decorating.... I may do my main over again next, after I capture the images of course. ;-)

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This is a house I came across on Europa. I don't know who built it and it's no longer there.
    I thought I'd lost this picture but I just found it while clearing out some other stuff. I thought I'd post it for the benefit of anyone trying to build something similar.

[​IMG]

Daenyra likes this.
  13. sirone

sirone Guest

Anybody knows where this is? Coordinates?

-----

14. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It's from a player run shard.

15. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Oh that's pretty! Very cozy looking! On the inside on the north wall are those wooden chests turned so their sides show, underneath the goza mats?

16. Cadsuane Sedai

Cadsuane Sedai Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yea it works well for dressers desks and such.
    I've got a few more i'd like to post as soon as I figure out how to make them smaller size without makeing the pic so tiny. takes up so much attachment space!

17. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Don't add them as attachments, just upload them to photobucket or flickr and use the image tags around the links in the post. :)

18. Cadsuane Sedai

Cadsuane Sedai Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

very fing carefully! but seriously theres a tutoriel floating around somewhere that can explain it. It took a bit..

19. NewYears1978

NewYears1978 Guest

:pint:
    Well I found the tutorials but it only shows spiral..ands yours are differentso I always have left over pieces that I can't figure out howto delete..now matter what I try :(

20. HaleBopp

HaleBopp Guest

my dreamhouse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

it's redo design time and I thought to use the sandstone walls as you have on the second & third floors. NOW I find I cannot locate them in the gump! Were they removed for an SA tileset? ARG!

22. hungry4knowhow

Stratics Veteran

its in the same category as the thick sandstone walls with the brown decoration at the top, its inside that category. Just keep flipping over they will come up.

23. Aly<3

Aly<3 Guest

Beautiful! Ashly :bowdown:
    Mind if I steal your first floor for a beach-house I'm doing? :love:

24. Faerunner

Faerunner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Lovely wedding chapel :)

I'm currently re-re-re-building my house (I swear, I am terribly dissatisfied with housing lately), so before I tear down the current one I'll clean it up and post here, then post up the new one when it's done as well.

Edit: The Evolution of Fae's Housing!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Villa from 2008 (I think!). This one got posted in its own thread at some point, maybe with more 'finished' deco, but here is the basic house anyway. I borrowed the 2-story bookcase idea and eventually that entire corner was filled with bookcases.

<In between these two was a T-shaped house that I didn't particularly love but which had a great gardening area and a huge pond. It was removed to make way for...>

The "classic" house (Winter '09-Spring '10):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Clearly, based on the classic L-shape, but with a GARDEN~! :D

And finally... drumroll, please!
    (Photos to be added soon! - yeah, I know. What a letdown!)

25. Ni-

Ni- Guest

This is an outside view of one of my houses. It would be hard to explain everything that I like about this house, but I’ll point a few out. I designed the steps to seem more like a hill rather than steps (In the CC you seem to bounce up and down as if you were climbing over bolders or irregular steps). I also tried to copy my first small house that I had in game at the top of the hill (a 7x7 wood & plaster).

[​IMG]
    http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo305/Ni-bucket/HouseonaHillNightFull.jpg

This pic is level 3. Not much new. Just the inside of the small house on the hill and an underground spider lair (the spider webs show through the ceiling so that I get double the deco from them).

[​IMG]
    http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo305/Ni-bucket/HouseonaHillNightFull3.jpg

The second level is a run down living quarters that takes advantage of the Heritage items that I had wanted. There is also a room with an alchemist that appears to have had a rather ill blackrock accident/explosion (I placed the skeleton and body parts in a way to make it look like the meat still held to some of the body’s appendages with the core flesh having been completely obliterated).

[​IMG]
    http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo305/Ni-bucket/HouseonaHillNightFull2.jpg

The bottom level seems to be rather... morbid... and quite fun to build/deco. This little torture chamber comes complete with an iron maiden, a guillotine (that appears to have been used), a stretching table, multiple jail cells, and a demon summoning room (protectively runed off, though one unlucky soul seemed to have not stayed completely outside of the runes), and a burial/coffin room.

[​IMG]
    http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo305/Ni-bucket/HouseonaHillNightFull1.jpg

I chose to take night pics to add to the ambiance and to display certain lighting effects.

Enjoy!

26. Lady Wynn

Lady Wynn Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I love looking at house designs and thank you all for the wonderful post.

Jaden Rain likes this.
  27. Lord Finesse of LS

Lord Finesse of LS Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Here is my pad, its a little messy but unique design. hope you like it :p

Attached Files:

28. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

Here is my main house built shortly after 9th anni, but hasnt changed much in ages.

but took some fresh screenies.

Extior:
    [​IMG]

Basement: (storage mainly)
    [​IMG]

1st floor (hall)
    [​IMG]

2nd floor (crafting area)
    [​IMG]

My other house is more recent, i went with making a really modest cottage on a maximum size plot, and i really like the symplicty of the design.

Exterior:
    [​IMG]

Inside:
    [​IMG]

All screenies are taken with Enhanced client.

PS: Sorry for the mess :p

ShriNayne and Jaden Rain like this.
  29. Damia TMC

Damia TMC Sage

Mr Crowley has done a lot of the houses in Zento and around the world. If I ever get my palace decorated you should take pictures of that one, it's totall different nad lovely

30. Hell's Ironworks

Hell's Ironworks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

My 1st time visiting this forum. Some nice houses in here!

Here are my 2 last builds.

Trinsic Jungle keep

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moonglow Workshop / storage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cymidei likes this.
  31. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

My fisher on Siege wanted a fishing shack, but my crafter didn't want to give up her shop. Solution, move the shop to a bigger plot, add the fishing shack and a small garden.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I liked it so much I found a nice spot by the sea and did something similar for my Europa fisherman

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eärendil likes this.
  32. Slayvite

Slayvite Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend

Wanted to post my Fishery before i re-do it onto a lighthouse due to the new tiles and the fact its places on a peninsula :party:

Fishery House.jpg

Work area.jpg

33. lady arduinna

lady arduinna Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I love it. It is the best house design i have seen yet.. and i can't imagine how many hours,days and or months that took you. Great job!

34. zorrah

zorrah Guest

First of all, THANK YOU to all who use this forum. So many tips and tricks I've learned over the years! I'm about to strip out my home on Baja (transferring to Atlantic), so I thought I'd post pics of my house before it goes bare bones.

Here is my home, Yester's Eve:
    [​IMG]
    Ignore the tiny post at the front of the house, it used to have a small chest that made it look like a mailbox, but I recently moved it and can't figure out how I made it work 3 years ago ;)

First floor: Gardening area, Treasure room, Smithy/tinker area and stables:
    [​IMG]

Second floor: Kitchen, Living room, and patio:
    [​IMG]

Third floor: Bedroom, bathroom, sewing area, and second patio:
    [​IMG]

My old home, 'Morrow's Eve:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Which eventually turned into this, after some wonderful feedback from this forum:
    [​IMG]

Can't wait for IDOCs to start back up on Atlantic--I'm currently squeezing into a 7x8 and let me tell you, it's a struggle! :)

Jaden Rain likes this.
  35. Lady Wynn

Lady Wynn Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Here is a picture of my farm =) and yes that is an outhouse. I have a teleporter in it that takes me to my husbands house. So when anyone comes from his house to mine or vice versa they have to go through the out house =P I live here when I am not at the falling waters fortress. =) which you can catch me there alot.

Attached Files:

36. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

i have redone and refined most of my house since posted here last, so will post it again ;)

As seen from outside:
    [​IMG]

Ground Floor:
    [​IMG]

1st Floor:
    [​IMG]

2nd Floor:
    [​IMG]

Greetings
    Gilmour aka Loony Elahhez

37. Melchior1

Melchior1 Journeyman

Wow very nice. I see you are wearing a Georgia shirt. Me and my wife both play UO and live in Georgia too. We are currently deco our newest castles. lots of hard work hehe. very nice pics you have. I love the rubble.

38. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master

threw this together.. back after five years, still fun as ever. 2D forever.

http://i47.***********/2rxfk85.png
    http://i47.***********/2wemozt.png
    http://i46.***********/167p93p.png
    http://i49.***********/166irg7.png

39. LadyElizabeth

LadyElizabeth Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I love your curvy walls Potgut! I've never had much success in customizing with the brown stone walls. They always end up looking too clunky and square to me. However, you've most definitely reminded me that there are funky shaped walls for these.

I do have a question though...
    In your 1st floor do you have horse dung on pedestals?? I wish I could see what the signs said. I'm assuming it's meant to be ashes or something close to that?

Potgut likes this.
  40. Potgut

Potgut Seasoned Veteran

Thanks LadyElizabeth for your compliments. Those what look like horse dung on the first floor are actually Deer Droppings and Yamandon Dung. They were left unlocked by an EM during the zoo construction event about 6 years ago (2006) at the Meer Village Zoo in Ilshenar (A zoo only in Pacific) , the signs breif this info.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#90 Potgut, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  41. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison / Forum Moderator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Trailer on blocks complete with custom designed outhouse!

redneckretreat.jpg

Here is my house on Siege. I designed it for a contest but unfortunately no one else entered so the contest was cancelled. Here is the original thread. The house is nothing fancy but I like it.

#91 DreadLord Lestat, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    Gidge and Endal like this.
  42. Irulia Darkaith

Have to ask, what does the inside of the outhouse look like?

43. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison / Forum Moderator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I wasn't sure if anyone would actually want to see the inside. Here is inside the trailer.

inside_1.jpg

Here is the shed and underneath the trailer.

inside_2.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. :)

Sinful Obsession and Saul_Siege like this.
  44. Eärendil

Eärendil Legendary Mall Santa
    Stratics Veteran The Squirrel Empire

Hello everybody!

I always loved this thread but I was to shy to post my own 18x18 design because I thought it would look far too crappy... However, I spent some time re-designing it and now I think I can show it...

Hope you like it: It´s my Trammel-Cottage on Marble Island, Drachenfels...

[​IMG]

Best wishes!

#94 Eärendil, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    Tina Small and Irulia Darkaith like this.
  45. Saul_Siege

Saul_Siege Adventurer

Here is a recent 7x9 I made at Zento moongate on SP.
    :)

Outside; Comfortable cozy bachelor pad:
    Loft.jpg

1st Floor; Classic style study and library:
    loft1.jpg

2nd Floor; Meditation corner and sleeping area with garden divider, includes mini kitchen:
    loft2.jpg

#95 Saul_Siege, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    Irulia Darkaith and Eärendil like this.
  46. Eärendil

Eärendil Legendary Mall Santa
    Stratics Veteran The Squirrel Empire

This is sooo sweeet!

47. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

Ha! I haven't been to my crafter's house in quite a while....didn't know I had you as a neighbor!! It's nice to see someone was able to squeeze something into that tiny plot. It's been empty for far too long.

Edited to add after logging in and looking: And it's empty again!! Drat.

#97 Tina Small, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
  48. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

This is a custom "keep" I built on Yamato a few months ago that is shared with guildmates. Still slowly working on decorating it.

Yamato House Outside.jpg Yamato House 1st Floor.jpg Yamato House 2nd Floor.jpg Yamato House 3rd Floor.jpg Yamato House Roof.jpg

49. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Poobah

It's a rare drop from Medusa herself. 15m range or so these days.

50. Tze'Naga

Tze'Naga Adventurer

3 of my current houses placed around Vesper:

A small workshop:
    workshop1.JPG

workshop2.JPG

workshop3.JPG

Our Tavern:
    tavern1.JPG

tavern2.JPG

tavern3.JPG

tavern4.JPG